Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadCat

DSTV Now - ATV585 - 5.1 Upgrade

Hi

I upgraded my ATV585 to 5.1 Beta and could no longer use my DSTV now application in South Afrixa. The app says the device is already registered to somebody else. It works dine on 4.4.2, could you guys look into the matter please. Thanks

2 minutes ago, MadCat said:

Hi

I upgraded my ATV585 to 5.1 Beta and could no longer use my DSTV now application in South Afrixa. The app says the device is already registered to somebody else. It works dine on 4.4.2, could you guys look into the matter please. Thanks

The version of 5.1 we have, uses the same Device ID for any box it is installed on.

4.4.2 creates its own Device ID for each box it is installed onto.

This is Beta FW, and we won't be releasing an official FW since our chipset supplier stopped support for Android 5.1

So this is something that we cannot fix.

13 hours ago, Justin said:

The version of 5.1 we have, uses the same Device ID for any box it is installed on.

4.4.2 creates its own Device ID for each box it is installed onto.

This is Beta FW, and we won't be releasing an official FW since our chipset supplier stopped support for Android 5.1

So this is something that we cannot fix.

So even when/if the official release comes around, the device will not have its own unique ID? So I should rather stay on 4.4.2? Even so, would a Device ID Changer app possibly fix the problem?

9 hours ago, MadCat said:

So even when/if the official release comes around, the device will not have its own unique ID? So I should rather stay on 4.4.2? Even so, would a Device ID Changer app possibly fix the problem?

Were keeping Android 5.1 Beta, since we can no longer get support from AMlogic on this OS version.

You can try using a Device ID changer app to try and fix this problem.
Or stick to Android 4.4.2