Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Cannot see USB drive

Cannot see USB drive

Been off the 1800E Mygica box for a while, so I thought of doing an upgrade to all the apps. Running Lollipop 5.1 and have the various APK's on a USB drive, formatted FAT32. Seems I cannot see the USB drive. I've looked into all the various installed apps and cannot see it anywhere. I copied the APK's to an SD card and installed them OK, but, I would like to get the USB drive recognized at some point. Any suggestions??

On 7/7/2017 at 2:48 PM, johnmacpherson said:

Cannot see USB drive

Been off the 1800E Mygica box for a while, so I thought of doing an upgrade to all the apps. Running Lollipop 5.1 and have the various APK's on a USB drive, formatted FAT32. Seems I cannot see the USB drive. I've looked into all the various installed apps and cannot see it anywhere. I copied the APK's to an SD card and installed them OK, but, I would like to get the USB drive recognized at some point. Any suggestions??

All 4 USB ports dont work?

Good afternoon Justin, long time.

Tried all 4 USB Ports.

I've used 2 different Kingston Memory drives, 1Gb Data Traveller and a 2Gb Data Traveller Elite. Both formatted Fat32.  I've also copied the .APK files to a SD card . 

I can see the SD card no problem using File Manager HD. The 2 Kingston drives never show. But, when I plug them in, or unplug, a message is displayed in the middle bottom of the screen USB REMOVED. The system seems to know they are/were there, but never shows.

Is there a message area I can look at to see if it generating some sort of message?

The File Manager HD displays the DEVICE and the SD card, OK.

Justin, I just installed my brother's 1800E onto my TV and it has the  exact same problem. Cannot see the USB drive. I'm using Lollipop 5.1 the first one in Beta that you released. I take it there hasn't been an new release or update since then? 

On 7/13/2017 at 11:25 AM, johnmacpherson said:

Justin, I just installed my brother's 1800E onto my TV and it has the  exact same problem. Cannot see the USB drive. I'm using Lollipop 5.1 the first one in Beta that you released. I take it there hasn't been an new release or update since then? 

This is the latest one

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/category/12-beta-files/

I installed the new Beta on both boxes, They work well, but, I still do not have access to the USB Sticks. When I put them in, or take them out, all it says is USB Removed. I'm using File Manager HD, could It be that I'm not just looking in the right place or have configured it wrong? I've gone though all the screens and cannot see any mention of the USB drives being there or not. 

51 minutes ago, johnmacpherson said:

I installed the new Beta on both boxes, They work well, but, I still do not have access to the USB Sticks. When I put them in, or take them out, all it says is USB Removed. I'm using File Manager HD, could It be that I'm not just looking in the right place or have configured it wrong? I've gone though all the screens and cannot see any mention of the USB drives being there or not. 

Have you tried app installer with some APKS on the USB drive to see if that works?

What model you using?

I've tried it on 2 1800E's, both can't see the USB drives.

I upgraded to the new beta you suggested  MyGica_1900AC/1800/582/380_Android_5.1_20170612 1.0.0, this morning when I rebooted the device, it hangs just past the CUBE display screen.  I'll try the upgrade one more time. 

On 7/19/2017 at 1:18 PM, johnmacpherson said:

Sorry, I must be V E R Y patient, by the time I had gone upstairs and looked up this thread, it did go to the home screen. 

Still have no luck seeing the USB Drives.

I am not really sure what would be causing the USBs not to appear

Are you able to try switching one of them back to Android 4.4 and see if they work there?

4 hours ago, johnmacpherson said:

Went back to official release of Droid 4.4 and the USB works.... I'll just stay there. Thanks Justin.

Ok thanks for letting me know

Still not sure why that was happening to you though.