Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crepe_Suzette

Framerate getting janky after a while on Kodi

Framerate getting janky after a while on Kodi

I've just recently purchased the MyGica ATV 495 PRO to locally play .mkvs and other movie files on flash drive over the Kodi application. I've updated the box and I have the latest Kodi firmware installed.

I have so far tried .mkv movies of around 10gbs lasting around 2hours of runtime, and for about an hour of playback at 1080p the framerate is a constant and smooth 24 frames per second, and then for both movies I noticed at around the one hour mark the framerate getting ever so janky, uneven (it is somewhat subtle you could say but I'm very sensible to this.) It comes and goes after that point, too. Is this about the media box running out of memory or something to that effect, or is the problem with the USB flash drive ?( a USB 3.0 Lexar 64gb drive). The sound remains normal (well, apart from the crackling noise you can hear at all times in silence from the AV audio output).

Thanks for your input.

two things, 

1. please factory reset your box, also check to make sure you have the latest firmware on your box.

2. file format make sure they are not made with 10bit then kodi can not play it use VLC or MXPlayer.

let us know the results.