Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Etter58

ATV582 Remote Issues

ATV582 Remote Issues

I just got my ATV 582 and when trying to install, it does not go past the "next" screen. The remote can move the mouse cursor but it does not want to click on anything... Help please?

1 hour ago, Etter58 said:

ATV582 Remote Issues

I just got my ATV 582 and when trying to install, it does not go past the "next" screen. The remote can move the mouse cursor but it does not want to click on anything... Help please?

You must have the cursor turned on then.

Press the cursor button once, then you can use the LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN arrows + OK button

Just now, Etter58 said:

Thanks Justin, ended up pairing the remote using some tips off the net, working fine now.

Ok good to hear

Thanks for letting me know

My remote has just stopped working tried pairing it nothing. The devices nt even a year old.. the only button that works is the power button but then u cannot choose reboot or standby even.

very frustating as i hardly use the device.

I have read some forums wrt this and it seems common..

On 7/29/2017 at 1:18 PM, TerryT said:

My remote has just stopped working tried pairing it nothing. The devices nt even a year old.. the only button that works is the power button but then u cannot choose reboot or standby even.

Have you tried new batteries?

On 7/29/2017 at 7:18 PM, TerryT said:

I get that regularly. Only way to "fix" it is to take the batteries out for a few minutes to a few hours, then put them back again. Sometimes a quick out and in would work, but most of the time 30 minutes plus is all that fixes it. Weirdest thing this remote not working, but power button does.

On 7/31/2017 at 6:47 PM, Justin said:

Have you tried new batteries?

Not a battery issue. I have tried, and in the process binned perfectly good batteries. MyGica does make the worst remote of all devices on the market.

Martin,

I am not sure where you are getting your information about needing to take the controller batteries out for 30 minutes. This is simply not the issue. If your remote is having this issue, then it is likely defective.

Also, if you are looking for help with the remote, please post some details about which remote you have and which unit rather than just making rash insulting remarks about our company and how to "fix" things. IMPO our remotes are among the better options for android boxes.

PLEASE NOTE THIS CUSTOMER IS NOT A NORTH AMERICAN CUSTOMER. The units he purchased this year from South Africa have been discontinued for years here.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, MyGica Support said:

Martin,

I am not sure where you are getting your information about needing to take the controller batteries out for 30 minutes. This is simply not the issue. If your remote is having this issue, then it is likely defective.

Also, if you are looking for help with the remote, please post some details about which remote you have and which unit rather than just making rash insulting remarks about our company and how to "fix" things. IMPO our remotes are among the better options for android boxes.

Sorry to say, but I stand by my comment. Well, in a way.  Had the same issue again last night. Taking the batteries out did not work. So I turned the power off and on again on the Mygica unit itself. That made the remote work again.

I will post details of the remotes that came with my two 582 units.  Pretty sure they are the KR-41 units. The issue, as also described by TerryT, is that the remote just stop working. When you press a button, the blue light on the remote comes on, but no response. Only button that then works is the power button on remote. As stated, I have 2 Mygica 582 units that got shipped with the exact same remotes. They both exhibit the same symptoms. If not for the remotes, these would have been awesome units.

When I bought my 582s, I read on the internet about the remote issues and opted to purchase an additional non-Mygica BT remote. This unit is what saves my bacon every time the KR-41 fails.

Feel free to supply me with 2 new remotes, then you can test mine to see if I am just making insulting remarks. I was only trying to help TerryT as it seems I am not the only one with issues.

I have heard that the power button works on IR, and the rest of the controls on some other medium (Wireless/Bluetooth). Is that true? That might point to the source of the problem, maybe some interference?

I would be happy to discuss this with you to get to the root of the problem. Yesterday I was at the point where I wanted to dump both units and buy a different brand of streaming box. Small issue, but oh so irritating.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:18 AM, Martin Stander said:

Sorry to say, but I stand by my comment. Well, in a way.  Had the same issue again last night. Taking the batteries out did not work. So I turned the power off and on again on the Mygica unit itself. That made the remote work again.

I will post details of the remotes that came with my two 582 units.  Pretty sure they are the KR-41 units. The issue, as also described by TerryT, is that the remote just stop working. When you press a button, the blue light on the remote comes on, but no response. Only button that then works is the power button on remote. As stated, I have 2 Mygica 582 units that got shipped with the exact same remotes. They both exhibit the same symptoms. If not for the remotes, these would have been awesome units.

When I bought my 582s, I read on the internet about the remote issues and opted to purchase an additional non-Mygica BT remote. This unit is what saves my bacon every time the KR-41 fails.

Feel free to supply me with 2 new remotes, then you can test mine to see if I am just making insulting remarks. I was only trying to help TerryT as it seems I am not the only one with issues.

I have heard that the power button works on IR, and the rest of the controls on some other medium (Wireless/Bluetooth). Is that true? That might point to the source of the problem, maybe some interference?

I would be happy to discuss this with you to get to the root of the problem. Yesterday I was at the point where I wanted to dump both units and buy a different brand of streaming box. Small issue, but oh so irritating.

Now I am even more confused. The remotes that came with the 582 were originally just IR remotes (KR-60) and later had the KR-40 (small thin remote) added to them. You then mention a blue blinking light, which the kr-40 never had.  

On 10/17/2017 at 10:38 PM, MyGica Support said:

Now I am even more confused. The remotes that came with the 582 were originally just IR remotes (KR-60) and later had the KR-40 (small thin remote) added to them. You then mention a blue blinking light, which the kr-40 never had.  

Both my units came with KR41 remotes. Purchased the first one on 16 February 2017, and the second one on 27 March 2017.  Between the POWER and MOUSE button on the remote, there is 3 lights. When the remote stops interfacing with the ATV582, one of those lights still flash blue when you press a button, but nothing happens. At this point the only button that works is the POWER button. Only by removing the batteries from the units for an unspecified amount of time or switching the ATV off, will the remote start interfacing with the ATV. 

I was made aware of the fact that these remotes were not the best, and it was suggested I purchase a Rii Mini i8 Multimedia Wireless Keyboard. (Reviews on the Net) This has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, as this device still communicates with he ATV582 when the KR41 does not. Then again, some also mentioned that the change in remotes, as you mentioned, did sort out much of the problems. Seems like I got two duds.

Actually, seeing as these units are still under a year old, I think I should return them to the stores and get a refund. Make them their/your problem, not my frustration. From the responses it seems not everyone have these problems, and you seem unaware of this. I seem to have gotten 2 Monday units.

ATV1900PRO-4.thumb.jpg.a8a97c6f83f1d778252e0a93bd07688a.jpg

12 hours ago, Martin Stander said:

Both my units came with KR41 remotes. Purchased the first one on 16 February 2017, and the second one on 27 March 2017.  Between the POWER and MOUSE button on the remote, there is 3 lights. When the remote stops interfacing with the ATV582, one of those lights still flash blue when you press a button, but nothing happens. At this point the only button that works is the POWER button. Only by removing the batteries from the units for an unspecified amount of time or switching the ATV off, will the remote start interfacing with the ATV. 

I was made aware of the fact that these remotes were not the best, and it was suggested I purchase a Rii Mini i8 Multimedia Wireless Keyboard. (Reviews on the Net) This has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, as this device still communicates with he ATV582 when the KR41 does not. Then again, some also mentioned that the change in remotes, as you mentioned, did sort out much of the problems. Seems like I got two duds.

Actually, seeing as these units are still under a year old, I think I should return them to the stores and get a refund. Make them their/your problem, not my frustration. From the responses it seems not everyone have these problems, and you seem unaware of this. I seem to have gotten 2 Monday units.

ATV1900PRO-4.thumb.jpg.a8a97c6f83f1d778252e0a93bd07688a.jpg

Hi Martin,

Which store did you buy these from? As I mentioned, these never came with this remote and were discontinued before these remotes ever even came out.

22 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Martin,

Which store did you buy these from? As I mentioned, these never came with this remote and were discontinued before these remotes ever even came out.

Hi

I bought both online from local stores. I can send you details of the purchases if you need?

I had a look in the User Guides that I got with them, and on Page 5 it lists the KR41 as the remote. Should I scan you a copy of it, or send you the serial numbers of my units?

On 11/8/2017 at 11:32 AM, Martin Stander said:

Hi

I bought both online from local stores. I can send you details of the purchases if you need?

I had a look in the User Guides that I got with them, and on Page 5 it lists the KR41 as the remote. Should I scan you a copy of it, or send you the serial numbers of my units?

Please pm this info to me. This is very strange and now I am worried this came from another country.

I have just encountered the same issue with my ATV 329x with the KR41 remote. Bought this unit less than 6 weeks ago and I like to return the box as this doesn't bode well if I'm experiencing issues already and only a 1 year limited warranty. All I can do is turn the unit on and off...tried doing what was suggested in earlier posts to no avail. Purchased in Niagara Falls, Ontario 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:45 AM, Wigs said:

I have just encountered the same issue with my ATV 329x with the KR41 remote. Bought this unit less than 6 weeks ago and I like to return the box as this doesn't bode well if I'm experiencing issues already and only a 1 year limited warranty. All I can do is turn the unit on and off...tried doing what was suggested in earlier posts to no avail. Purchased in Niagara Falls, Ontario 

Wigs,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Just to clarify some information, the remote was working before? The dongle is inserted? You have tried doing which steps from previous posts?

I went through the steps again and it seems to have corrected the problem I was encountering. I will say that I appreciate this type of forum to resolve any technical issues - thanks