Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bodan98

Upgrade to Android 5.1 failed - Box jammed at the logo

Upgrade to Android 5.1 failed - Box jammed at the logo

Hi,

I was attemping to upgrade my 1800e to Android 5.1 twice. The first time, it started will but it stopped. So, I power down/power up. The second time, it did the same thing - no progress.

Now, all I getting is the Android 4.4 logo, nothing else. How can I get it to read my USB stick again or reset to factory? What's the switch beside the HDMI port? Is it a factory reset button?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

let's do it a little bit different, I know our newest beta file have Kodi 17.3 and some little bug fixes, but our earlier Beta which came out on late 2016 is faster on loading lets use that.

try this and let me know how things are please.

I tried upgrading to the suggested beta firmware; unfortunately, I am still not able to reset my 1800 using the reset button (held it down for over 15 sec) with the firmware on a USB stick. I am getting nothing on the screen, no activity. What are my options?

I tried with the SD disk and am getting the same results; my 1800 is not responsive. I am pressing the reset button and powering the box few times without any response

from it.

On 7/14/2017 at 6:28 PM, Bodan98 said:

I tried with the SD disk and am getting the same results; my 1800 is not responsive. I am pressing the reset button and powering the box few times without any response

from it.

How many files are on your SD card when you tried this?

And what files are you using exactly?

I used the ATV1800E-Factory-Files.zip file posted on your website; 9 files total. I was able to unbrick it yesterday with the bootcardmaker software. However, when I tried to upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1, the box frooze after installing the lollipop.

18 hours ago, Bodan98 said:

I used the ATV1800E-Factory-Files.zip file posted on your website; 9 files total. I was able to unbrick it yesterday with the bootcardmaker software. However, when I tried to upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1, the box frooze after installing the lollipop.

If it freezes on the Android robot during installation

Just unplug power and plug it back in.

Did you use this 5.1 File?
http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/category/12-beta-files/

No, I used "update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160706.img", the upgrade stopped after uploading Lollipop. Then, I went back to Kitkat 4.4 and tried upgrading with  "update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160603" and got the same results. I will try this new shortly.

20 hours ago, Bodan98 said:

No, I used "update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160706.img", the upgrade stopped after uploading Lollipop. Then, I went back to Kitkat 4.4 and tried upgrading with  "update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160603" and got the same results. I will try this new shortly.

Justin,

I tried to upgrade using the "update_MyGica_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20160612" firmware and got a black screen after the Lollipop screen; waited and it didn't get anywhere. I powered down/up the box and got the same status. I reformated my SD card and tried again to update with the same firmware; this time the box was stucked at the "MyGica - Seeing is believing" screen. Powered down/up the box, same results ... I am still going nowhere and have started to stop "Believing in this box". How can a firmware upgrade be so hard?

After trying for the past three weeks with the "update_MyGica_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20160612"firmware and getting stuck every single time at the MyGica logo page (after power down/up), I tried today with "update_MyGica_S812_S802_Device_5.1_no_format_data_20160616"firmware with the same results. While the MyGica logo says: "Seeing is Believing", I am not seeing much recently and am loosing my patience with this box. Can't believe how hard this is to upgrade it to a working state!!!

On 8/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, Bodan98 said:

After trying for the past three weeks with the "update_MyGica_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20160612"firmware and getting stuck every single time at the MyGica logo page (after power down/up), I tried today with "update_MyGica_S812_S802_Device_5.1_no_format_data_20160616"firmware with the same results. While the MyGica logo says: "Seeing is Believing", I am not seeing much recently and am loosing my patience with this box. Can't believe how hard this is to upgrade it to a working state!!!

It can take up to 10 mins to get past this logo when you install the update.

We have updated 100s of boxes here with the exact same firmware without issues.

I would suggest using a different SD card or USB drive then as yours might be the issue.

Mine got stuck on the lollipop screen but I was not doing an updae or anything, it just froze and when I restarted it it got stuck forever in that screen.  It has been there since last night

I have tried several sd cards and nothing happens.

So I guess it is probably the end of the road for it

DSC_0093.JPG

On 9/11/2017 at 1:28 AM, munecito said:

Mine got stuck on the lollipop screen but I was not doing an updae or anything, it just froze and when I restarted it it got stuck forever in that screen.  It has been there since last night

I have tried several sd cards and nothing happens.

So I guess it is probably the end of the road for it

DSC_0093.JPG

Which model # do you have?

On 9/14/2017 at 6:15 AM, munecito said:

ATV1800E

I answered this on a different thread

Please try to have the same question only on 1 thread.

It seems that a lot of the problems are not so much 'Bugs' in using after the upgrade, but the inability to 'Upgrade' correctly in the first place. My box now appears to need to go in the bin!

On 9/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, RayP said:

It seems that a lot of the problems are not so much 'Bugs' in using after the upgrade, but the inability to 'Upgrade' correctly in the first place. My box now appears to need to go in the bin!

We posted the files as Beta, which means it is not 100% and never will be as there is no more support for Android 5.1 on all of our older models.