Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GB2017

ATV495 Remote pairing

ATV495 Remote pairing

I am needing help to pair my ATV 495 remote.

Only the on/off button seems to work on the remore, but non of the rest, although the blue light comes on when button is pressed.

Will it be fixed if I pair the remote again?

How do I do this?

(Ive checked the batteries and also the USB ports- that is not the problem)

On 7/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, GB2017 said:

ATV495 Remote pairing

I am needing help to pair my ATV 495 remote.

Only the on/off button seems to work on the remore, but non of the rest, although the blue light comes on when button is pressed.

Will it be fixed if I pair the remote again?

How do I do this?

(Ive checked the batteries and also the USB ports- that is not the problem)

Can be found here

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=Kr41-RemotePair

Hi Justin

i have an ATV495x with a KR21 remote.

the remote is not working at all.  the unit is 4 days old.  i have replaced batteries but still nothing.

Please assist

On 8/4/2017 at 2:42 AM, Brig said:

Hi Justin

the remote is not working at all.  the unit is 4 days old.  i have replaced batteries but still nothing.

Please assist

Is is this remote that you are referring to?

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=KR21

If so, this is an IR remote control and there is no pairing involved with this remote.
Does a red light appear on the remote when you press any of the buttons?

Hi Justin

Please assist

On 8/8/2017 at 6:29 PM, Justin said:

Is is this remote that you are referring to?

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=KR21

If so, this is an IR remote control and there is no pairing involved with this remote.
Does a red light appear on the remote when you press any of the buttons?

hi Justin, its similar but not exactly the same.  my remote did not have the red light on the top of the remote.  it also has a "i" button on the bottom left.  i have since taken it back to the shop that i purchased it from.  the remote was not working.  i got a new unit and the remote now has a very small red light to the right of the remote.  all now seems to be ok

thank you

9 hours ago, Brig said:

hi Justin, its similar but not exactly the same.  my remote did not have the red light on the top of the remote.  it also has a "i" button on the bottom left.  i have since taken it back to the shop that i purchased it from.  the remote was not working.  i got a new unit and the remote now has a very small red light to the right of the remote.  all now seems to be ok

thank you

Ok good to hear that you got it replaced and working now.

Hi Justin, i have the same remote you suggested to Brigs, The KR 21 and it seems to work on some apps but not others, for example it works fine on youtube but not for showmax,or netflix?

iv'e just bought the gica box and installed it yesterday, so its never been used. the red light flashes fine when ever i press any button .

On 4/12/2018 at 3:19 AM, Henman said:

Hi Justin, i have the same remote you suggested to Brigs, The KR 21 and it seems to work on some apps but not others, for example it works fine on youtube but not for showmax,or netflix?

iv'e just bought the gica box and installed it yesterday, so its never been used. the red light flashes fine when ever i press any button .

Sorry for the late response
If you received the KR 21 remote with your 495x
Did you purchase it in South Africa?

This remote is an IR Remote, and is not designed to work with all apps
As a lot of apps require an Air Mouse to work with them

Hi - please help me, also have issues with remote. If I go into settings and select to pair my remote - it pairs, shows connected and within seconds it doesn't show connected anymore - so I just cannot get the remote to stay connected so I can use it. Thanks.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, GerrieC said:

Hi - please help me, also have issues with remote. If I go into settings and select to pair my remote - it pairs, shows connected and within seconds it doesn't show connected anymore - so I just cannot get the remote to stay connected so I can use it. Thanks.

Which remote + box are you using exactly?

I was wondering I have a kr-41 remote I did the proper steps same thing only blue lights come on but doesn't seem like the remote is paired so do I need to get a mouse also. Nothing works i did the steps over and over and samething.