Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pepsi_Guy

KR-41 Power Button Not Working

Hi All,

I have an ATV 1900Pro that came with a  KR-41 Remote. It is running the latest firmware and working great!

However, All the Buttons on the remote work, except Powering on/off with the Power Button.

I am able to power on/off with the Button on the front of box, and also power down with the option in the bottom left of the main android screen.

Is this a known issue with the KR-41 Remote ?

The Power Button on my Universal Harmony Remote Powers on/off the Unit no problem

I know I could just leave this box on all the time, but curious if there is a fix.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Pepsi_Guy said:

Hi All,

I have an ATV 1900Pro that came with a  KR-41 Remote. It is running the latest firmware and working great!

However, All the Buttons on the remote work, except Powering on/off with the Power Button.

I am able to power on/off with the Button on the front of box, and also power down with the option in the bottom left of the main android screen.

Is this a known issue with the KR-41 Remote ?

The Power Button on my Universal Harmony Remote Powers on/off the Unit no problem

I know I could just leave this box on all the time, but curious if there is a fix.

Thanks

This sounds like an issue with your actual remote.
The power button function is done by an IR Code, which is why your Harmony Remote works.

When and where did you purchase the 1900 PRO?

I am sorry about that answer, I am jumping from post to post and answered wrongfully to this question. 

The KR41 Static and KR41 Air having Power issue is the sensor, it is a not a known issue, I will escalate to get proper resolution for you quickly. 

On 7/17/2017 at 0:41 PM, Pepsi_Guy said:

Hey Justin,

Purchased my 1900Pro in January 2017 from Computer Service Depot in Waterloo, Ontario

Submit an RMA ticket for this

http://mygica.tv/help

Put Attention: Justin on it

I will figure something out for you there.

Thanks

Hey Justin

Well, this is embarrassing!

I was just reading another thread on this very same issue, and after changing out the batteries for the remote, the Unit Powers On/Off no problem at all

Kind of Weird why the rest of the buttons on the remote were working except the Power button when the batteries are low. Would of never thought !!

Anyhow, all is good !!

Thanks

On 7/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, Pepsi_Guy said:

Hey Justin

Well, this is embarrassing!

I was just reading another thread on this very same issue, and after changing out the batteries for the remote, the Unit Powers On/Off no problem at all

Kind of Weird why the rest of the buttons on the remote were working except the Power button when the batteries are low. Would of never thought !!

Anyhow, all is good !!

Thanks

Ok no problem

That is good to hear.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, Justin said:

Ok no problem

That is good to hear.

Remember the Power ON/OFF on box work from an IR sensor and the rest of the box from RF.  therefore the KR41 remote have got two transmitters built in:

1) IR transmitter for powering the unit on and off and,

2) RF transmitter for the rest of the functions 

The IR transmitter is using more power than RF transmitter, therefore when the batteries goes flat you will first see it when the remote will not powering the unit on or off.

Hope this is a good enough explanation....

2 hours ago, Jalize said:

Remember the Power ON/OFF on box work from an IR sensor and the rest of the box from RF.  therefore the KR41 remote have got two transmitters built in:

1) IR transmitter for powering the unit on and off and,

2) RF transmitter for the rest of the functions 

The IR transmitter is using more power than RF transmitter, therefore when the batteries goes flat you will first see it when the remote will not powering the unit on or off.

Hope this is a good enough explanation....

Thanks for the explanation