Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troy C

BlueTooth Will Not Enable After Standby Mode

BlueTooth Will Not Enable After Standby Mode

Looking for some advice on how to fix or troubleshoot this issue.

I have had both my ATV582's for a couple years now, quite happy with over all function - one of the reasons I bought the second one :)

I have been using the Bluetooth to send audio to my stereo receiver, much more impressive sound then what comes from my TV set.

The other night, I put the ATV582 into standby mode, thinking that it would release the connection to my Bluetooth audio receiver attached to the stereo. So that I could transmit music from my phone, and it worked as I expected.

Once I was done, I shut the Bluetooth off on my phone, and brought the ATV582 out of standby, thinking that it would simply reconnect...and I would be watching TV with the full audio experience again....

What I found was that the Bluetooth was not re-enabled, and I had no sound of course.

I went into the settings menu, and seen that Bluetooth was toggled off, easy fix I thought...just toggle that back on.

Well, toggling it back on had no effect....the button toggles to the right to show ON, but seconds later it moves back on its own to OFF.

What I have tried, with no success:

- I have power-cycled quite a few times.

- Went into recovery mode, and cleared the cache partition in Android.

- I have hard reset the ATV582, painful to loose the setup - but really want the Bluetooth audio back.

- I have cleared Bluetooth Share cache and data.

- Ethernet and Wifi connections appear to be fine.

It almost feels like something has gone corrupt in the Bluetooth settings.

I'm tempted at this point to try the 5.1 BETA software published on June 28, 2017.........

If anyone has any other ideas to try....I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Troy