Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shelvin

MYGICA 1900PRO video files stops after 5 minutes.

I am having a problem when watching video files from my external hard drive. It plays for 5 minutes and then stops completely and returns to the home screen. Does it with various file types.

On 7/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, Shelvin said:

I am having a problem when watching video files from my external hard drive. It plays for 5 minutes and then stops completely and returns to the home screen. Does it with various file types.

What version of Firmware are you running on your 1900 PRO?

And what video player app are you trying when playing the video files?

Kernel version

ljw@ubt124#2

Mon Jul 25 09:45:29 HKT 2016

The app I use is the standard Media player, Kodi and 4K Player  app on the device. 

On 7/26/2017 at 2:45 AM, Shelvin said:

Android version

Sorry I meant Firmware version

You can find this in "About Device"

mine too. i got it in bestbuy ca and what a let down with all the freezing and hanging and the whole thing getting stuck and trying hopelessly to turn on off using the remote and button and nothing's working. to think this was 200cad and the most expensive box at the store!  

On 9/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, carla teotico said:

mine too. i got it in bestbuy ca and what a let down with all the freezing and hanging and the whole thing getting stuck and trying hopelessly to turn on off using the remote and button and nothing's working. to think this was 200cad and the most expensive box at the store!  

Please Private Message me

Follow up from my side. Changed my external hard drive to one with exFAT format and from there on everything was smooth sailing. Bought a 2nd 1900PRO for the household. This device is absolutely awesome. 

I get the freezing issue also when watching mp4's off my external hard drive. Although I have two hard drives, one is a 2TB single partition and I never have a problem with that one but the other is a 4TB separated into two 2TB partitions; that one freezes when watching videos off it from time to time, especially if the file or files have been on it for a long time. Did it with all versions of Kodi 17, currently up to 17.4 with the latest FW update on the box.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:32 PM, bkwashby said:

I get the freezing issue also when watching mp4's off my external hard drive. Although I have two hard drives, one is a 2TB single partition and I never have a problem with that one but the other is a 4TB separated into two 2TB partitions; that one freezes when watching videos off it from time to time, especially if the file or files have been on it for a long time. Did it with all versions of Kodi 17, currently up to 17.4 with the latest FW update on the box.

Forgot to mention that if I do a factory reset on the box, it fixes it for about a month at the most before my videos are freezing again.

6 hours ago, carla teotico said:

Hi justin, updated the version and it's working fine now 🙏🏽

Ok good to hear

Thanks