Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyGiga Lady

Can't Re-install Netflix ATV395 (can't find 395 thread)

Hi all,

I couldn't find a thread for the ATV 395 so 495 was the closest I could find. Please direct me another thread if there is one. 

I'm not technical first off so keep it simple if you could! I have a Samsung TV which I have connected to the ATV395. It came with some pre-installed apps - Netflix being one of them. I believe that I used to be able to get subtitles with Netflix but I'm not totally if I ever did use them. In any case, I can't get the Netflix subtitles to show and I've followed all the directions. Looking it up on the web, people said try  uninstalling and re-installing Netflix. I uninstalled it but could not re-install. I went to the Google Play store and it didn't even come up as an available app. So  I went to the Browser and Googled Netflix app Canada. It showed as an available app and asked if I wanted to open it in Google Play store so I said "Yes".  Once I was redirected there, it said that this version is not compatible with your device. I really want Netflix back (even if I can't get subtitles) as this was one of the reasons that we bought this MyGica box. 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:25 PM, MyGiga Lady said:

Hi all,

I couldn't find a thread for the ATV 395 so 495 was the closest I could find. Please direct me another thread if there is one. 

I'm not technical first off so keep it simple if you could! I have a Samsung TV which I have connected to the ATV395. It came with some pre-installed apps - Netflix being one of them. I believe that I used to be able to get subtitles with Netflix but I'm not totally if I ever did use them. In any case, I can't get the Netflix subtitles to show and I've followed all the directions. Looking it up on the web, people said try  uninstalling and re-installing Netflix. I uninstalled it but could not re-install. I went to the Google Play store and it didn't even come up as an available app. So  I went to the Browser and Googled Netflix app Canada. It showed as an available app and asked if I wanted to open it in Google Play store so I said "Yes".  Once I was redirected there, it said that this version is not compatible with your device. I really want Netflix back (even if I can't get subtitles) as this was one of the reasons that we bought this MyGica box. 

Have you tried the MyGica store for the Netflix app?