Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheStyleguy

ATV1800 freeze/crash during video stream playback..

I have installed the Android 5.1 beta fw dated 28/06/17 on an ATV 1800 and since have been experiencing video stream freeze/crash resulting in being forced to reboot via power plug pull.

This has happened using kodi 17.3 as well as homescreen youtube app. 

Any help/tips to resolve?

59 minutes ago, TheStyleguy said:

I have installed the Android 5.1 beta fw dated 28/06/17 on an ATV 1800 and since have been experiencing video stream freeze/crash resulting in being forced to reboot via power plug pull.

This has happened using kodi 17.3 as well as homescreen youtube app. 

Any help/tips to resolve?

Are you able to try a factory reset and start over?

Please note this will delete everything.

Hi Justin, I will try that. Will this reset android version back to kk4.4? Also, is there a specific order that I should install updates? When I initially did the update, I had issues when I tried going directly to the latest one. My unit would hang during install, and I would have to unplug and trying again, only to have it repeatedly freeze in the same spot. It was only after successfully installing the previous update that I was able to install latest one.

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, TheStyleguy said:

Hi Justin, I will try that. Will this reset android version back to kk4.4? Also, is there a specific order that I should install updates? When I initially did the update, I had issues when I tried going directly to the latest one. My unit would hang during install, and I would have to unplug and trying again, only to have it repeatedly freeze in the same spot. It was only after successfully installing the previous update that I was able to install latest one.

Thanks again!

No it will reset back to the 5.1 Firmware you installed.

And you can install the 0628 File we posted in the Beta files section from any previous version you are using, whether it be 4.4 or 5.1
You may think it is stuck on the MyGica logo, but it can take up to 5 mins to finish installing.

14 hours ago, TheStyleguy said:

Thanks again!

I have simular issues, let me know what worked for u

21 hours ago, Justin said:

Are you able to try a factory reset and start over?

Please note this will delete everything.

I did the factory reset and after about an hour into a youtube stream, it froze up like before.  Any tips on what to do next? 

Hello Gents

So tested this again, installed the 28/06/17 file, and first thing I notice is the first app on the App - if the text scroll is smooth then it looks good, now I if I put the root file, then after the reboot the same text stutters, if that stutters, so will Kodi and other things

So I stuck with root

I UNINSTALLED 17.3 which was installed, I did this mainly coz the Logitech harmony remote doesn't work fully with it especially the back button, the fix is to install 16.1 Jarvis, then use Logitech remote, then update via Google Play store and then it's fine

I then followed the following vid for Kodi - so far, to my eye, it seems OK so will test further

I haven't encountered any stuttering. My unit freezes and becomes totally unresponsive while streaming via kodi or youtube standalone app. Timing of lockup varies. Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes an hour in..

10 hours ago, TheStyleguy said:

FWIW, I'm running the previous update and have not experienced the freezing and crashing as with the latest one..

What version is the previous one?

Can you put a link to it from our downloads section

2 hours ago, Justin said:

What version is the previous one?

Can you put a link to it from our downloads section

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

1 hour ago, TheStyleguy said:

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

I am not sure what is causing those issues for you then.

If you are ok with using 20161121.img then I suggest to continue using it since it works best for you.

update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20170612.zip locks up on video streams for me too.
Are there system logs somewhere that I could submit?

-Darryl

1 hour ago, darrylg said:

update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20170612.zip locks up on video streams for me too.
Are there system logs somewhere that I could submit?

-Darryl

What app are you using for these video streams?

On 8/14/2017 at 7:03 PM, darrylg said:

Kodi.

I would suggest doing a factory reset and trying again.
Please note this will delete anything you have done to the box

On 21/08/2017 at 1:55 PM, Justin said:

I would suggest doing a factory reset and trying again.
Please note this will delete anything you have done to the box

Tried a factory reset and nothing.  The system even locks up regardless of app.
There is no heat buildup around the unit and everything was running fine until this upgrade.
I'm torn between reverting back to older firmware because this version offers a static MAC address which I need.

Will there be any updates forthcoming?

-Darryl

On 25/08/2017 at 0:24 AM, darrylg said:

Tried a factory reset and nothing.  The system even locks up regardless of app.
There is no heat buildup around the unit and everything was running fine until this upgrade.
I'm torn between reverting back to older firmware because this version offers a static MAC address which I need.

Will there be any updates forthcoming?

-Darryl

I've reverted back to the beta software that was previous to this release and I don't have any lockup issues anymore.  The latest beta seems to be the problem.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:36 PM, darrylg said:

I've reverted back to the beta software that was previous to this release and I don't have any lockup issues anymore.  The latest beta seems to be the problem.

There are not many people reporting this issue, and we currently cannot reproduce it. 

Until we reproduce it, we cannot fix it. 

On 9/7/2017 at 5:07 PM, Justin said:

There are not many people reporting this issue, and we currently cannot reproduce it. 

Until we reproduce it, we cannot fix it. 

Is there anything else we can do to help reproduce this?  I am experiencing this too.  I can watch media with 4K Video player (no sound half the time) but as soon as I select a file in Kodi the  box crashes hard and I have to power cycle to get it back up.  I am going to run through a few steps and see how it goes.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:04 PM, Brainsoft said:

Is there anything else we can do to help reproduce this?  I am experiencing this too.  I can watch media with 4K Video player (no sound half the time) but as soon as I select a file in Kodi the  box crashes hard and I have to power cycle to get it back up.  I am going to run through a few steps and see how it goes.

If you can make a short video of this, and Private Message it to me

That would be helpful