Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bburt

1080p and XBMC

Hello,

I appear to only be able to configure XBMC for 720p. My understanding was that the ATV400 was a 1080p box. Can you explain this to me and let me know how I can configure XBMC for 1080p?

Thanks

Hello,

I appear to only be able to configure XBMC for 720p. My understanding was that the ATV400 was a 1080p box. Can you explain this to me and let me know how I can configure XBMC for 1080p?

Thanks

Our Dual Cores are built on a 720P Kernel. So this would be the reason for not being able to configure XBMC in 1080P

You can always try the 1080P kernel file I put up for download, which will allow you to use XBMC in 1080P

Which can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1762

I have updated to this kernel and tried both 13.2 and 14 version of xbmc and although the default to 1080p they are unable to play 1080 files successfully. Typically what happens is the video will start to stutter and the audio will go out of synch. If I stop the video and go to system is often shows both cores @ 100%.

Can you tell me how to configure this so it will play properly?

My assumption would be that the box can't handle processing a 1080p file but I could be wrong.

Maybe there are settings to change and I would love to know if you get this working as well.

Good luck!

This is currently the only file they have given to me, and I posted it as a Beta File, so therefore it is only meant to be used for testing.

I will inquire if there is an update to this one, and post the news for this.