Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ineuw

MYGICA ATV600 WiFi featres?

On 7/26/2017 at 2:37 AM, ineuw said:

It can be used as a Wifi Hotspot, but only if you are using Ethernet on the box.
You can setup the Wifi Hot Spot by going into "More Settings" of Android.

Please note, that only about 5 devices can be connected at once, as it is Software Based Hot Spot and not Hardware Based like a normal router.

Justin,  thanks for the reply.  Am I correct to assume that I can connect a hardware router  to the RJ45 Output?

Just now, ineuw said:

Justin,  thanks for the reply.  Am I correct to assume that I can connect a hardware router  to the RJ45 Output?

You can connect it to a router, but your 585 will only receive internet on the actual device with Ethernet.

I think I am missing what your trying to do though, could you please explain it better?

Apologies for my inattention for overlooking the diagram in the manual.  It clearly shows what I want to do, (and as you pointed out "will only receive internet on the actual device with Ethernet. ")  I have no intention to use the ATV 600 for anything else, other than what it was intended for.

Thanks again and please consider this question resolved

Just now, ineuw said:

Apologies for my inattention for overlooking the diagram in the manual.  It clearly shows what I want to do, (and as you pointed out "will only receive internet on the actual device with Ethernet. ")  I have no intention to use the ATV 600 for anything else, other than what it was intended for.

Thanks again and please consider this question resolved

Ok good to hear.