Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deon

New 495X issue

New 495X issue

Hi all

A total noob here....so please bear with me.
I bought a MyGica 495X from Makro yesterday and set it up at home last night. To cut a long story short, after a brief update, everything seems to be running fine, except Showmax. I have a Showmax account plus Netflix(which is running 100% BTW) and I usually stream Showmax through my iPad to the AppleTV with no issues, except the pain of keeping the iPad on charge..messy cables...etc, hence the reason for getting the 495. I can watch a preview of a movie no problem (on Showmax), but when I click on the "watch movie" button, the little blue circle "loading" icon just keeps turning forever. I am running an 8Meg line and the 495 is hooked up on the wireless net. As said above, Netflix runs absolutely fine with no buffering, so I assume this could be a Showmax issue?

Any pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:14 AM, Deon said:

New 495X issue

Hi all

I bought a MyGica 495X from Makro yesterday and set it up at home last night. To cut a long story short, after a brief update, everything seems to be running fine, except Showmax. I have a Showmax account plus Netflix(which is running 100% BTW) and I usually stream Showmax through my iPad to the AppleTV with no issues, except the pain of keeping the iPad on charge..messy cables...etc, hence the reason for getting the 495. I can watch a preview of a movie no problem (on Showmax), but when I click on the "watch movie" button, the little blue circle "loading" icon just keeps turning forever. I am running an 8Meg line and the 495 is hooked up on the wireless net. As said above, Netflix runs absolutely fine with no buffering, so I assume this could be a Showmax issue?

I have reached out to some of our guys in our China office for assistance with this issue.
Sorry that I cannot help you, but we do not use the Showmax app in North America.

Once I hear back, I will let you know.

Hi All, 

I am experiencing the exact same issues. Showmax initially worked when I setup the box however after the update I also get the blue 'loading' circle. Showmax works fine on my tablet, phone and smart tv. Will await for a solution to this issue.

I was told by our guys in China that this issue is being worked on

Once fixed, they will send a Server update to the box.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:25 PM, Justin said:

I was told by our guys in China that this issue is being worked on

Once fixed, they will send a Server update to the box.

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the update! I will wait to see what happens

Take care

On 8/10/2017 at 8:32 PM, Deon said:

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the update! I will wait to see what happens

Take care

Hi Justin
A quick update...I did a manual update search last night and there was a fix/update available, which I installed. Showmax is working now!!!

Thanks for your assistance and effort..greatly appreciated!

Hi Deon,

I got my MyGica 495x yesterday and I can also only view trailers on ShowMax.

You mentioned you got it right somehow, can you please assist me as I cant find the update withing the "Upgrade" field on my device.

It's so frustrating!

My Kodi also says its not connected to a network, but i can stream using the Youtube App, view ShowMax trailers etc. but Kodi doesnt allow me to add an add on like Exodus. I am using my WiFi to connect to the device.

Any advice?

Thanks

Ryno

5 hours ago, Ryno said:

Hi Deon,

I got my MyGica 495x yesterday and I can also only view trailers on ShowMax.

You mentioned you got it right somehow, can you please assist me as I cant find the update withing the "Upgrade" field on my device.

It's so frustrating!

My Kodi also says its not connected to a network, but i can stream using the Youtube App, view ShowMax trailers etc. but Kodi doesnt allow me to add an add on like Exodus. I am using my WiFi to connect to the device.

Any advice?

Thanks

Ryno

In the upgrade app if your turn off automatic updates you will see check manual updates appear

You can select check manual updates and it will find the newest update.

Hi Justin,

Did that, it says connecting to server for 3 secs then goes back to upgrade page. Does this mean there isn't an update as Deon managed to update and it now Showmax seems to be working for him?

Just now, Ryno said:

Hi Justin,

Did that, it says connecting to server for 3 secs then goes back to upgrade page. Does this mean there isn't an update as Deon managed to update and it now Showmax seems to be working for him?

If thats the case, then you have to clear the app data of the Upgrade app and try again.

You can do this by going into More Settings of Android + Apps and finding the Upgrade App.

You can clear the app data this way.

Once done, try again.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

If thats the case, then you have to clear the app data of the Upgrade app and try again.

You can do this by going into More Settings of Android + Apps and finding the Upgrade App.

You can clear the app data this way.

Once done, try again.

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your help! Wouldn't have been able to do it without your help, I am glad there is quick and efficient help on this device.

I managed to do the update and Showmax is working perfectly now.

Regards

Ryno

On 8/22/2017 at 6:53 AM, Ryno said:

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your help! Wouldn't have been able to do it without your help, I am glad there is quick and efficient help on this device.

I managed to do the update and Showmax is working perfectly now.

Regards

Ryno

Ok great to hear.

On 28/07/2017 at 8:14 AM, Deon said:

New 495X issue

Hi all

I have same issue.

Could you get help.

On 19/08/2017 at 11:34 AM, Deon said:

Hi Justin
A quick update...I did a manual update search last night and there was a fix/update available, which I installed. Showmax is working now!!!

Thanks for your assistance and effort..greatly appreciated!

Please share the link to the update.

3 minutes ago, gerhardMygiga said:

I have same issue.

Could you get help.

Read what they told me to do. This will sort you out

3 minutes ago, gerhardMygiga said:

Thanks.

Will try manual update.

Will let you know if I get it right.

Cool, should work with no issues.

It's a pleasure.  That's difficult as most don't want to work and the search function on them don't work either so you cant search for any movies. There are also no cache clearing tools for it anymore either. I just use kodi to watch my movies on my hard drive as it allows for any kind of format and it downloads all movie art and info etc. 

Hi all, i have a 495x that worked fine for a few months then it started hanging and making a funny noise. This is my 2nd device. The 1st one would not boot up unless i turned it upside down. Could someone give some advice on this also i get a message to uograde you tube wich it won't do.