Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hal2017

Unit freezes when restarting

Unit freezes when restarting

After using the 1900, I power off, but it seems to go into a 'Sleep mode'.

When I power up again the next day, it shows a message regarding a lost connection and then it freezes.

I need to disconnect the power cord for 10 seconds and then restart.

Anyone having a similar problem?

Hal,

Is there any chance you have upgraded the firmware manually?

The lost connection message is coming from your tv, because it isnt detecting a signal from the device. This usually happens when the 1900ac has been upgraded to newer firmware. The beta firmware is known to have issues with powering back up using the remote. I dont think you should have to unplug for ten seconds though. 

No, it's barely out of the box and I have not tried to update it.

In a separate comment I posted to the Downloads section, I noted that in the About section of the Settings, it shows that my 1900Pro is designated as a 495Pro.

I checked the manufacturer's label on the unit, it shows 1900Pro and it definitely looks like one.

I was considering doing the upgrade posted in the downloads, but was waiting for confirmation to do so because of the Model mixup.

28 minutes ago, hal2017 said:

No, it's barely out of the box and I have not tried to update it.

In a separate comment I posted to the Downloads section, I noted that in the About section of the Settings, it shows that my 1900Pro is designated as a 495Pro.

I checked the manufacturer's label on the unit, it shows 1900Pro and it definitely looks like one.

I was considering doing the upgrade posted in the downloads, but was waiting for confirmation to do so because of the Model mixup.

Both models share the same Firmware.

Our newest update. V1.30 will show as "MyGica S905" in About Device.

Also you don't need to install the update manually, you can do so by opening the "Upgrade" app under your list of Apps and de-select Automatic and just select Check for Manual Update.

Thanks Justin,

I tried the Manual Update option in the Upgrade App, it highlighted the line and returned to the Apps menu.

Does not seem like it is doing the update.

Tried it again and saw a new window with a message about making a connection, it disappeared before I could read it completely and closed the Upgrade App.

Should I try upgrading with a USB?

17 minutes ago, hal2017 said:

Tried it again and saw a new window with a message about making a connection, it disappeared before I could read it completely and closed the Upgrade App.

Should I try upgrading with a USB?

Ok

Can you open the TeamViewer/Quick Support App listed under Apps

PM me the ID #, I can Teamviewer your box to fix this if you like

I will be here for another 45 mins

On 9/2/2017 at 10:48 PM, jag said:

I have the same problem. I have to unplug power and restart in order to use remote every time

Which version of FW are you running?