Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adro21

Cannot upgrade firmware + arrow bug

Just picked up a 1900Pro and getting a bit frustrated... besides the fact the keys on the back barely work, I'm having 2 main issues:

1) Every time I hit the Back button on the remote, the arrow appears on the screen. It's very annoying because I have no interest in using the mouse arrow at all. How can I disable it entirely? (i.e. hitting the Back button doesn't make it keep reappearing)

2) After lots of tinkering, I figured this must be a bug so I'm trying to upgrade the firmware. No matter what I do, nothing will appear under Local Update. I've hit the context button 10+ times (many times over) and nothing appears. I've tried different USB thumb drives, still nothing appears.

Please advise.

23 minutes ago, adro21 said:

Just picked up a 1900Pro and getting a bit frustrated... besides the fact the keys on the back barely work, I'm having 2 main issues:

1) Every time I hit the Back button on the remote, the arrow appears on the screen. It's very annoying because I have no interest in using the mouse arrow at all. How can I disable it entirely? (i.e. hitting the Back button doesn't make it keep reappearing)

2) After lots of tinkering, I figured this must be a bug so I'm trying to upgrade the firmware. No matter what I do, nothing will appear under Local Update. I've hit the context button 10+ times (many times over) and nothing appears. I've tried different USB thumb drives, still nothing appears.

Please advise.

If you have the .img file on an SD card or usb it should show up in local update if you hit the menu button 10 times, never seen that being a glitch before. If you don't already have the latest firmware you should be able to do it without downloading it externally by clicking automatic/manual update just below local update.

I get the arrow showing up on my screen also when hitting the back button sometimes, it's definitely a glitch that could be worked on by them...but if the other buttons aren't working I'd try putting in a different set of fresh batteries first. Just thinking that maybe if other buttons aren't working then maybe that's why the update won't show up in local update, not every key press of the menu button is registering so even though you're hitting it 10 times the remote isn't sending 10 signals. Try changing the batteries first.

You'll also notice if you have kodi 17+ that if you watch a video that has AC3 or DTS audio and then try to back out of kodi to use another app, the audio will be gone until you reset the box. Still waiting on the next update to fix that.

2 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

If you have the .img file on an SD card or usb it should show up in local update if you hit the menu button 10 times, never seen that being a glitch before. If you don't already have the latest firmware you should be able to do it without downloading it externally by clicking automatic/manual update just below local update.

I've tried 3 different USB thumb drives now, all with just "update_MyGica_ATV1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img" on it and nothing shows up in the Local Upgrade

1 minute ago, adro21 said:

I've tried 3 different USB thumb drives now, all with just "update_MyGica_ATV1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img" on it and nothing shows up in the Local Upgrade

Just edited my last post. Read what I said about the remote and why you can't get the update to work.

1 minute ago, bkwashby said:

Just edited my last post. Read what I said about the remote and why you can't get the update to work.

Thanks but the button works everywhere else...and so do all the other buttons on the remote. 

It just doesn't seem to be doing anything on the Upgrade screen and it continues to stay blank :(

1 minute ago, adro21 said:

Thanks but the button works everywhere else...and so do all the other buttons on the remote. 

It just doesn't seem to be doing anything on the Upgrade screen and it continues to stay blank :(

Well all I can say is try to upgrade it directly from their servers on the box or try putting the file on an SD card then trying it.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:58 PM, adro21 said:

If you open up the app, File Manager

And then click on "Udisk" which is your USB drive, do you see the files that are on it listed within this app?

Also

I am getting a Video made to show users how to clear the app data of the upgrade app, and then select manual update.

This will allow you to fix the issue of not being able to use our OTA update server.
This seems to be an issue for some users.