Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YVRNJB

Can't log in to google play store

Can't log in to google play store

I recently did an upgrade to lollipop on my 1800E.

Everything seems to work except I can't log in to the google play store.

I am entering my email address an password correctly.

I am getting the message, "your username and password don't match. Try again."

I tried a number of times and no luck. I even tried entering the email and password extremely slow to make sure I was entering it correctly and still nothing.

Anybody else having this problem?

Go into apps in your settings and clear your cache and force close the app then  reopen it and try putting your info in again. See if that works.

I just tried that. It didn't work.

It doesn't make sense. It stopped letting me log in after i did a factory reset yesterday.

Just curious if you tried this

Have you tried creating a new account instead of using your own account?

I know you would want to use your own account
I am just wondering if creating a new account would work at all.

So magically it worked on about the 10th try. No idea why it decided to work.

I have a new problem now with the same 1800E.

It was working perfectly fine now it doesn't want to good past the "MyGica Seeing is Believing" screen.

I have to pull the power cord to reboot it. I've tried 5 times and it still won't boot past that screen. I've left it for about 30 minutes to see if it will finish booting up with no success.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:19 PM, YVRNJB said:

So magically it worked on about the 10th try. No idea why it decided to work.

I have a new problem now with the same 1800E.

It was working perfectly fine now it doesn't want to good past the "MyGica Seeing is Believing" screen.

I have to pull the power cord to reboot it. I've tried 5 times and it still won't boot past that screen. I've left it for about 30 minutes to see if it will finish booting up with no success.

I responded to this same question you posted on a different thread.

I just had this problem today myself as well.  I couldn't log in to either my Netflix nor my Google account after doing the update.  I got the exact same error for both, even though I new I was entering my credentials properly.  I did notice something odd about the Ethernet connection set up after the upgrade, so I speculated that maybe I was not adequately connected to the network, despite the fact that it told me the connection was active.  So I power cycled the 1800E, tried again, and it worked.  It appears as though the device is not "smart" enough to tell you that it couldn't reach the authentication server (or whatever), so is unable to distinguish between no connection to the inter-web and incorrect credentials.

Just my two cents on it.