Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Exit from Plex - Hang

Exit from Plex - Hang

I have factory reset my device and reinstalled Android 4.4, KitKat from the MyGica download site. All went well and good, it did clear up the issues I had about loss of the USB ports. However, I installed the Plex for Android app, it too installed great, When I play a  saved TV episode (.mkv file) off my PC server, it runs OK, but on exit from Plex it seems to hang. What happens is that I reply to 'exit' Plex, it just stays there. Caught between the exit and the return to the OS. Funny thing is I can 'pull down' from the top the setting screen and view , and change, the various KitKat Settings. When I select the Settings/Home option, I do see the Android Launcher, same with the other settings, but that is all I can do,

I then have to power off/recycle the 1800E and all is well.  Otherwise all is great.

Any ideas?? 

4 hours ago, johnmacpherson said:

Exit from Plex - Hang

I have factory reset my device and reinstalled Android 4.4, KitKat from the MyGica download site. All went well and good, it did clear up the issues I had about loss of the USB ports. However, I installed the Plex for Android app, it too installed great, When I play a  saved TV episode (.mkv file) off my PC server, it runs OK, but on exit from Plex it seems to hang. What happens is that I reply to 'exit' Plex, it just stays there. Caught between the exit and the return to the OS. Funny thing is I can 'pull down' from the top the setting screen and view , and change, the various KitKat Settings. When I select the Settings/Home option, I do see the Android Launcher, same with the other settings, but that is all I can do,

I then have to power off/recycle the 1800E and all is well.  Otherwise all is great.

Any ideas?? 

Not sure why that is happening.

But one thing you could try is, when you hit exit.
Press Home Button, then hold down the 3 lined menu button to clear all the memory and close apps etc.
Do this about 2-3 times.  Plex will be fully closed, along with all other open apps.