Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncled

Bluetooth Keyboards

Bluetooth Keyboards

I would like to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to my MyGica ATV495 Pro.  I currently have an Apple keyboard, it will pair but it doesn't work.

Could you tell me what I need to do to get it working? If it won't work, could you give me a list of Bluetooth keyboards that will work?

Hi Uncled, 

Welcome to our forums, I hope we can provide a high quality level of support for you now, and down the road.

I am disappointed that this doesn't work with android, but I am not surprised.  Apple seems to make their things to work with their stuff, and not others. Basically, anything that is designed to work on a pc will work on this device. I have not seen any bluetooth keyboard not work with our boxes outside of apple.

That being said, you may save some money and use a 2,4 ghz keyboard and mouse, or keyboard/mouse combo like the k400 logitech instead of bluetooth. The reason why I like 2.4 over bluetooth is because when you use a bluetooth mouse or remote, you have to press the button a few times to get it going again before it works. The 2.4 keyboard usually have a longer battery life and are more responsive.

In anticipation of what your response will be, if you are not using a 2.4 keyboard solution due to limited usb slots, you can also add in a usb slot multiplier from your local dollar store. It may not be the prettiest, but it will surely work well.

Thanks for the reply.  I was in hopes that I could salvage the Apple keyboard, but since I can't I will purchase a regular 2.4 keyboard.  Thanks for the advice.