Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killavolt

Can't get 5.1 surround working

Can't get 5.1 surround working

So I have 2 boxes, an 1800e (if I'm not mistaken) and a brand new ATV 495 Pro that I've just setup.

Everything works except when I try to set the channels to 5.1, then I get no sound, or it simply fails to produce anything other than 2.0ch audio.

I haven't been able to get this to work on either box, but as I've just purchased a 60" 4K TV I'd like to have surround working.

Does anyone know how to get this working as it's been a problem for well over a year now.

My 495 is connected via HDMI to my receiver, which then goes to the TV. My PS4, Satelitte and bluray player all produce 5.1 channel sound just fine hooked up in the same configuration.

I've tried connecting the box directly to the TV and using TOSLink which also fails to produce 5.1 audio.

wth is going on.

Hi,

There is a long thread about 5.1 and Kodi under discussions.

Also, in case it is not Kodi, i found that if you set the digital sound output (under settings) to HDMI instead of Auto, the default movie player seems to play surround.

But at times it causes stuttering.

We have been waiting for almost 6 months for an answer - Welcome to our world :)