Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blabont63

Netflix not supported - Error 5.2

I have installed Netflix on my ATV 329x from Google Play. Worked OK for about 2 days, then I started getting message boxes at the beginning of a streaming saying: "There is a problem with playing this video (5.2)". I went to the Netflix website, did every troubleshooting steps they suggest (twice). Nothing worked. I opened a chat with a representative, and she finally said that MyGica devices are not supported by Netflix. She then prompted me with a link to a list of all the supported devices and, sure enough, MyGica was not one of them.

Do you think MyGica could work something out with Netflix ? After all, it's only the most popular movie and TV app on the Web. I'm really thinking about returning my unit.

On 8/16/2017 at 3:07 PM, blabont63 said:

I have installed Netflix on my ATV 329x from Google Play. Worked OK for about 2 days, then I started getting message boxes at the beginning of a streaming saying: "There is a problem with playing this video (5.2)". I went to the Netflix website, did every troubleshooting steps they suggest (twice). Nothing worked. I opened a chat with a representative, and she finally said that MyGica devices are not supported by Netflix. She then prompted me with a link to a list of all the supported devices and, sure enough, MyGica was not one of them.

Do you think MyGica could work something out with Netflix ? After all, it's only the most popular movie and TV app on the Web. I'm really thinking about returning my unit.

Try uninstalling and re-installing the Netflix app

If you got it from the Play Store then it should work fine