Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKwan

How to load older firmware

How does one load older firmware?  I installed the latest beta for my 1800e (update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20170612) and KODI is stuttering like crazy, wifi not turning back on after turning it off (I read that there is an OTA to fix it but it did not get downloaded nor can I find it manually...).  I would like to go back to my older FW (the only problem that I encountered was the stupid black screen issue).  However, I am not able to load the older FW...  I put the older FW onto my thumb drive and do the update, but it does nothing.  There must be a check somewhere that prevents you from loading older FW??

On 8/19/2017 at 9:32 AM, JKwan said:

How does one load older firmware?  I installed the latest beta for my 1800e (update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_20170612) and KODI is stuttering like crazy, wifi not turning back on after turning it off (I read that there is an OTA to fix it but it did not get downloaded nor can I find it manually...).  I would like to go back to my older FW (the only problem that I encountered was the stupid black screen issue).  However, I am not able to load the older FW...  I put the older FW onto my thumb drive and do the update, but it does nothing.  There must be a check somewhere that prevents you from loading older FW??

You can downgrade to Android 4.4  by using these files