Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SchismSlayer

ATV 495 Pro not reading firmware file

Tried a usb stick as well as a micro SD card but the unit doesn't seem to recognize file on either one.

Instructions say to push the menu button 8 times (?) to solve this issue but doesn't seem to have any effect when I try this.

Trying to upgrade to latest firmware because box has locked up on black 3 times lately when trying to run Kodi and am about to buy another month with UMA to get their latest upgrade but would prefer to do so on top of latest firmware so as to avoid having to start from scratch building favourites and such again later.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On 8/27/2017 at 2:51 AM, SchismSlayer said:

Tried a usb stick as well as a micro SD card but the unit doesn't seem to recognize file on either one.

Instructions say to push the menu button 8 times (?) to solve this issue but doesn't seem to have any effect when I try this.

Trying to upgrade to latest firmware because box has locked up on black 3 times lately when trying to run Kodi and am about to buy another month with UMA to get their latest upgrade but would prefer to do so on top of latest firmware so as to avoid having to start from scratch building favourites and such again later.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Actually you can keep pressing the menu button 10-15+ times until it finds the files

Just keep pressing it until the files appear

MyGica Support

Hi, sorry for sounding so stupid but will I find it on the remote as when I press the menu button on the remote nothing happens.  10 to 15 times as stated.  Sorry to be such a pain.

You can try putting the file in the root directory of the internal memory (not SD card or external flash drive).

I seem to recall that is what I did ... it may be worth a try.