Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dana

power pin gone inside

On 9/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, Dana said:

power pin gone inside

Does anyone know how to open the box? the power pin receiver came loose and can't plug in anymore.

This happened to you on the ATV 585?

1 minute ago, Dana said:

Yes

There is no easy way to fix this, as the power pin broke off

I will give you 2 options, 1 is advanced and 2nd one is to send it in for warranty.

Advanced Option:
You can open the bottom of the unit by using a flat head screw driver and prying open the side of it

It will pop off.

You will then need a philips screwdriver to remove the PCBA board

If you know how to solder, you can solder it back

Warranty Option:

May I know when and where you purchased the unit?

On 9/13/2017 at 9:51 PM, Dana said:

Nov. 25/2015, purchased from Costco 

This is over the warranty period of 1 year

If you like, you can submit it for warranty by going here

http://mygica.tv/help

There will be a charge to fix this though

On 11/19/2017 at 2:33 PM, Dana said:

Shipping, fixing bill, I think the best sollution is to purchase another brand where the power pin does not fall off.

Hi Dana,

This is not a common issue with our units and it never has been. Justin gave instructions of how to open it if you know how to solder, as an option. We have seen this happen before, but it is almost always related to the user bending the power cord at the back and breaking the pin off. There are 6 solder points for that pin, so you can imagine that this would take a fair bit of effort to break.

We can do this here for a very low cost even outside of the warranty.

As I mentioned it is an older one only capable of 4.4, I did buy another 900 pro from costco and it had the same problem being loose or bad contact but it was under the 90 days so I returned it and that was right out of the box, this is why I thought it was a common problem being 2 out of 3.

Dana,

Wow, that is definitely some bad luck. So did you get a proper functioning unit yet? If you would like help with the 585 soldering, I can open one up and take a few pictures of what is needed to be done. Its really quite easy even with a $5 model solder kit. Just make sure the solder doesnt have resin in it or it may affect the connection. I prefer the silver solder as well, since I dont have proper ventilation in my office for the typical stuff.

Edit, you mentioned that the is an older device, but 4.4 android is still very useful for lots of different things including productivity with things like g-suites, skype webcam conversations, home automation and games. Its better than having an old paperweight :)