Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ernest graham

mygica 1960

mygica 1960

justin i have a question for you i see mygica is coming out with a new box called 1960 can you give me some info on this box to let me know how good it is and also what android version does it run.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:56 PM, ernest graham said:

mygica 1960

justin i have a question for you i see mygica is coming out with a new box called 1960 can you give me some info on this box to let me know how good it is and also what android version does it run.

Hello

The ATV 1960 originally was planned with Dual Tuner, but now it will be released without it

The specs will be the following

3GB DDR4 Ram
16GB Internal Flash Memory
2 USB Ports
HDMI 2.0a Port
2X2 Dual Band MIMO AC Wifi
1GB Ethernet Port
2.5"/Sata Internal Hard Drive Slot

Will include Widevine Level 1 + Playready 3.0 DRM (Still waiting on the license from Microsoft)

Currently Android 6.0.1 is what I have been testing on the sample I have, however I have been pushing hard for Android 7.1
Android 8.0 was only released a month ago,  and I am not sure if Amlogic has any plans to provide Android 8.0 for their current chipsets.

The MyGica ATV 1960 is now available via Amazon.com  and  Amazon.ca which are both the U.S. and Canadian websites but you must search as they are available on a pre-order basis.

My question relates to the remote control which is supposed to be the KR-303 remote control...........can you verify that it is the correct remote model  ?

P.S.   It has colored buttons up the right side on the front and a keyboard on the back of this remote just in case it doesn't have the KR-303 model on the remote.  Reason I'm asking is because I pre-ordered one of these boxes from Amazon.ca and it doesn't show the remote nor any information on this remote.

Forgot to mention there is some new firmware available for this box  which was available in Australia as of June 2017 but some software changes had to be made for the U.S.  and Canada .........hence the delay in making them available here.

15 hours ago, Amex said:

The MyGica ATV 1960 is now available via Amazon.com  and  Amazon.ca which are both the U.S. and Canadian websites but you must search as they are available on a pre-order basis.

My question relates to the remote control which is supposed to be the KR-303 remote control...........can you verify that it is the correct remote model  ?

P.S.   It has colored buttons up the right side on the front and a keyboard on the back of this remote just in case it doesn't have the KR-303 model on the remote.  Reason I'm asking is because I pre-ordered one of these boxes from Amazon.ca and it doesn't show the remote nor any information on this remote.

Forgot to mention there is some new firmware available for this box  which was available in Australia as of June 2017 but some software changes had to be made for the U.S.  and Canada .........hence the delay in making them available here.

It will come with the KR 303 remote

This is a brand new remote control that was designed by our team in Canada.

It will have a built in re-chargeable battery, + support Voice + Air Mouse

And both the back and front of the remote will be back lit with led lights

Currently there is no new firmware that I can post here as it is not finished yet.

Thanks for confirming the KR-303  remote but I pre-ordered the ATV 1960 thinking it would come with android 6.0 as stated on Amazon.   Any chance of getting this box with version 6.0 ?

I haven't had much luck with any of the devices with built in - rechargeable batteries which brings me to ask if the battery can be replaced or will I have to buy a new remote when the battery no longer accepts a charge or won't stay charged ?    Personally, I'd prefer a remote that takes regular batteries so I could have the option of using replaceable / rechargeable batteries. 

On a final note:  I had a Nvidia Shield Tv 16gb version with android 6.01 and without warning, 7.0  Nougat was "pushed" to my box and I lost what I had loaded along with the settings I made.

Wound up selling the Nvidia Shield for a hundred less than I paid for it and considering it was less than three months old, it really turned me off Nvidia as I'm not a fan of turning on a box with a new OS and no way of going back.    I do hope the ATV  1960 comes with android 6.0 and not 6.01 or 7.0

4 hours ago, Amex said:

Thanks for confirming the KR-303  remote but I pre-ordered the ATV 1960 thinking it would come with android 6.0 as stated on Amazon.   Any chance of getting this box with version 6.0 ?

I haven't had much luck with any of the devices with built in - rechargeable batteries which brings me to ask if the battery can be replaced or will I have to buy a new remote when the battery no longer accepts a charge or won't stay charged ?    Personally, I'd prefer a remote that takes regular batteries so I could have the option of using replaceable / rechargeable batteries. 

On a final note:  I had a Nvidia Shield Tv 16gb version with android 6.01 and without warning, 7.0  Nougat was "pushed" to my box and I lost what I had loaded along with the settings I made.

Wound up selling the Nvidia Shield for a hundred less than I paid for it and considering it was less than three months old, it really turned me off Nvidia as I'm not a fan of turning on a box with a new OS and no way of going back.    I do hope the ATV  1960 comes with android 6.0 and not 6.01 or 7.0

The battery that is included is a 600mAh lithium battery, which is the same one used inside lower cost cell phones.
So it will last a long time, you will be able to open the remote with the right tool to replace it if need be.

Also I am not sure what version of 1960 you have, but the one that is being sold for pre order on Amazon Canada/USA is using the S912 chipset and will come with the Amlogic S912 chipset, and will be running Android 6.0.1

About 1.5 years ago, there was a prototype made under the model # 1960, which included a Dual Tuner and used the S905 Chipset and was running Android 5.1
But that design was scraped and we decided to move onto S912 instead and not include the Dual Tuner
The Dual Tuner design was renamed as the model as ATV 1962

Their are plans to eventually switch to Android 7.1, but there is still a ton of work needed to be done to optimize Android 7.1

US Markets have had the 1960 for some time, but the Canadian arm of the group seems to be holding it back, unfortunately they are suggesting earlier models are flawed or not ready. My guess is that Canadian dealers are trying to dump inventory of existing 1900 pro's at a profit and the company has agreed to its own detriment.

The box stores have had the ATV 1900 Pro on sale for months now and we are still awaiting the Canadian release date!  If my memory serves me correctly, this box was scheduled for a late 2017 release!

On 1/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, Splashdown said:

US Markets have had the 1960 for some time, but the Canadian arm of the group seems to be holding it back, unfortunately they are suggesting earlier models are flawed or not ready. My guess is that Canadian dealers are trying to dump inventory of existing 1900 pro's at a profit and the company has agreed to its own detriment.

We have been sold out of the 1900 PRO for about 4 months now.
So your theory is wrong.

The 1960 being sold in the US only comes with Android 6.0

When Best Buy starts carrying the 1960 in June, it will come with Android 7.1

As  my post was dated over 4 months ago I agree inventory numbers have gone down. The ATV 1960 has had months and months since announced to undergo a lot of changes and we still eagerly await. We've seen this coming soon post far too often at this point. We also expect that current operating systems are released with the product, regardless of how long in development.

This is a long awaited revelation.I will take you at your word on the June release. I see the Canada Computers inventory has gone down 90% over these same months which might, however, bolster my position.

From the forums see below:

Hi Comisaru,

please contact Geniatech via Amazon to ask for the status of this order.  The North American version of ATV 1960 is coming later this month to Canada.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Splashdown said:

As  my post was dated over 4 months ago I agree inventory numbers have gone down. The ATV 1960 has had months and months since announced to undergo a lot of changes and we still eagerly await. We've seen this coming soon post far too often at this point. We also expect that current operating systems are released with the product, regardless of how long in development.

This is a long awaited revelation.I will take you at your word on the June release. I see the Canada Computers inventory has gone down 90% over these same months which might, however, bolster my position.

From the forums see below:

No ETA,  

On 5/18/2018 at 2:03 PM, Justin said:

I contacted Mygica/Geniatech and they said that the 1960 would be released to Canada via Best Buy in late June or early July 2018 but don't hold your breath as it was originally released in October of 2016.

PS.  Best Buy tech had no confirmation of the above!

22 hours ago, RYCBAR said:

I contacted Mygica/Geniatech and they said that the 1960 would be released to Canada via Best Buy in late June or early July 2018 but don't hold your breath as it was originally released in October of 2016.

PS.  Best Buy tech had no confirmation of the above!

Geniatech has to make sure BestBuy accepts the deal before they could say we are releasing. 

I know no deal been confirmed and when it will get confirmed I am sure you will see it first on their flyers. 

1960s we're shipped to Best Buy in Canada last week from our warehouse. 

So they should be in store very soon. 

13 hours ago, Justin said:

1960s we're shipped to Best Buy in Canada last week from our warehouse. 

So they should be in store very soon. 

Great News!  Can't wait for their arrival!

On 5/18/2018 at 2:03 PM, Justin said:

We have been sold out of the 1900 PRO for about 4 months now.
So your theory is wrong.

The 1960 being sold in the US only comes with Android 6.0

When Best Buy starts carrying the 1960 in June, it will come with Android 7.1

The 1960 is on the shelves at BB but only has Android 6.0 according to the online ad.

Just a little bit disappointed!

It is also noted on BB site as KR301 remote, not the KR303 and android 7.1 as indicated on the US Mygica site. Tuners are gone along with the coaxial input for the first shown version. It will be a trip to the store to see the real unit and get a handle on what the real facts are. 

My biggest question is that with DLNA certification noted, can we output 4k from Netflix, or are we still limited to 576P? Perhaps the 7.1 sacrifice was required to get the DLNA?

Android 6.0 is a miss print, that we're trying to get BB to fix

It does come with 7.1

And we switched from KR 303 to 301 inside the box.

You won't see Netflix 4K on this box
We have talked with Netflix many times over the last year.
Few issues
1. They do not certify AOSP Android OS for boxes, only Android TV OS

2. They require 1.5 Million + boxes sold per year when being sold only in North America only.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:04 PM, Justin said:

You won't see Netflix 4K on this box

That is not a problem for me as a relatively cheap Roqu will handle both 4K Netflix and 5.1 surround beautifully through my amp.

This box is so very close to what I want but so far nothing on the market, not even the Shield meets all my requirements.

I would buy this box in an instant if it was very stable, had at least 3 USB ports, with at least two of them being USB 3.x, 4GB DDR4 , enough processor capability and power across the  USB  ports to drive  two external 2.5" hard drives to allow copying of large volumes of files from one drive to either of the two  other drives.   A USB C port would be nice.  Also I want a high speed micro SD slot that supports at least a 128GB card as I have several of them.  

So far I own two of your boxes, three Minix boxes and briefly tested a Shield and before I retired, tested a large number of other boxes from other makers.   Nothing meets all of my requirements yet.  I really would like to  almost totally eliminate my need for a Windoz machine.

Still waiting.

Thanks.

This model became the current version without tuners but with S912 chipset and Android 7.1. There is still information found in the geniatech pages referring to an ATV1962 that has tuners but has not been talked about for Canadian Release.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:50 PM, Marm said:

That is not a problem for me as a relatively cheap Roqu will handle both 4K Netflix and 5.1 surround beautifully through my amp.

This box is so very close to what I want but so far nothing on the market, not even the Shield meets all my requirements.

I would buy this box in an instant if it was very stable, had at least 3 USB ports, with at least two of them being USB 3.x, 4GB DDR4 , enough processor capability and power across the  USB  ports to drive  two external 2.5" hard drives to allow copying of large volumes of files from one drive to either of the two  other drives.   A USB C port would be nice.  Also I want a high speed micro SD slot that supports at least a 128GB card as I have several of them.  

So far I own two of your boxes, three Minix boxes and briefly tested a Shield and before I retired, tested a large number of other boxes from other makers.   Nothing meets all of my requirements yet.  I really would like to  almost totally eliminate my need for a Windoz machine.

Still waiting.

Thanks.

Sounds like a box I want..lol

This is a box I've been trying to get developed
4GB Ram + 32GB Internal Memory
USB 3.0
HDMI IN + HDMI OUT

The USBs should be able to support the hard drives, but I haven't tried myself.

Am looking at adding USB-C + Display Port as well.

The issue is, this box would be $250+ lol
Right now its just in development, not sure where it will go or if it will come out

RK3399 is the same chipset that's being used in the new Google Chromebook's

IMG_0796.JPG