ernest graham

mygica 1960

mygica 1960

justin i have a question for you i see mygica is coming out with a new box called 1960 can you give me some info on this box to let me know how good it is and also what android version does it run.

• Confused 1

On 9/19/2017 at 3:56 PM, ernest graham said:

mygica 1960

justin i have a question for you i see mygica is coming out with a new box called 1960 can you give me some info on this box to let me know how good it is and also what android version does it run.

Hello

The ATV 1960 originally was planned with Dual Tuner, but now it will be released without it

The specs will be the following

3GB DDR4 Ram
16GB Internal Flash Memory
2 USB Ports
HDMI 2.0a Port
2X2 Dual Band MIMO AC Wifi
1GB Ethernet Port
2.5"/Sata Internal Hard Drive Slot

Will include Widevine Level 1 + Playready 3.0 DRM (Still waiting on the license from Microsoft)

Currently Android 6.0.1 is what I have been testing on the sample I have, however I have been pushing hard for Android 7.1
Android 8.0 was only released a month ago,  and I am not sure if Amlogic has any plans to provide Android 8.0 for their current chipsets.

The MyGica ATV 1960 is now available via Amazon.com  and  Amazon.ca which are both the U.S. and Canadian websites but you must search as they are available on a pre-order basis.

My question relates to the remote control which is supposed to be the KR-303 remote control...........can you verify that it is the correct remote model  ?

P.S.   It has colored buttons up the right side on the front and a keyboard on the back of this remote just in case it doesn't have the KR-303 model on the remote.  Reason I'm asking is because I pre-ordered one of these boxes from Amazon.ca and it doesn't show the remote nor any information on this remote.

Forgot to mention there is some new firmware available for this box  which was available in Australia as of June 2017 but some software changes had to be made for the U.S.  and Canada .........hence the delay in making them available here.

Edited by Amex
added info

15 hours ago, Amex said:

The MyGica ATV 1960 is now available via Amazon.com  and  Amazon.ca which are both the U.S. and Canadian websites but you must search as they are available on a pre-order basis.

My question relates to the remote control which is supposed to be the KR-303 remote control...........can you verify that it is the correct remote model  ?

P.S.   It has colored buttons up the right side on the front and a keyboard on the back of this remote just in case it doesn't have the KR-303 model on the remote.  Reason I'm asking is because I pre-ordered one of these boxes from Amazon.ca and it doesn't show the remote nor any information on this remote.

Forgot to mention there is some new firmware available for this box  which was available in Australia as of June 2017 but some software changes had to be made for the U.S.  and Canada .........hence the delay in making them available here.

It will come with the KR 303 remote

This is a brand new remote control that was designed by our team in Canada.

It will have a built in re-chargeable battery, + support Voice + Air Mouse

And both the back and front of the remote will be back lit with led lights

Currently there is no new firmware that I can post here as it is not finished yet.

Thanks for confirming the KR-303  remote but I pre-ordered the ATV 1960 thinking it would come with android 6.0 as stated on Amazon.   Any chance of getting this box with version 6.0 ?

I haven't had much luck with any of the devices with built in - rechargeable batteries which brings me to ask if the battery can be replaced or will I have to buy a new remote when the battery no longer accepts a charge or won't stay charged ?    Personally, I'd prefer a remote that takes regular batteries so I could have the option of using replaceable / rechargeable batteries. 

On a final note:  I had a Nvidia Shield Tv 16gb version with android 6.01 and without warning, 7.0  Nougat was "pushed" to my box and I lost what I had loaded along with the settings I made.

Wound up selling the Nvidia Shield for a hundred less than I paid for it and considering it was less than three months old, it really turned me off Nvidia as I'm not a fan of turning on a box with a new OS and no way of going back.    I do hope the ATV  1960 comes with android 6.0 and not 6.01 or 7.0

4 hours ago, Amex said:

Thanks for confirming the KR-303  remote but I pre-ordered the ATV 1960 thinking it would come with android 6.0 as stated on Amazon.   Any chance of getting this box with version 6.0 ?

I haven't had much luck with any of the devices with built in - rechargeable batteries which brings me to ask if the battery can be replaced or will I have to buy a new remote when the battery no longer accepts a charge or won't stay charged ?    Personally, I'd prefer a remote that takes regular batteries so I could have the option of using replaceable / rechargeable batteries. 

On a final note:  I had a Nvidia Shield Tv 16gb version with android 6.01 and without warning, 7.0  Nougat was "pushed" to my box and I lost what I had loaded along with the settings I made.

Wound up selling the Nvidia Shield for a hundred less than I paid for it and considering it was less than three months old, it really turned me off Nvidia as I'm not a fan of turning on a box with a new OS and no way of going back.    I do hope the ATV  1960 comes with android 6.0 and not 6.01 or 7.0

The battery that is included is a 600mAh lithium battery, which is the same one used inside lower cost cell phones.
So it will last a long time, you will be able to open the remote with the right tool to replace it if need be.

Also I am not sure what version of 1960 you have, but the one that is being sold for pre order on Amazon Canada/USA is using the S912 chipset and will come with the Amlogic S912 chipset, and will be running Android 6.0.1

About 1.5 years ago, there was a prototype made under the model # 1960, which included a Dual Tuner and used the S905 Chipset and was running Android 5.1
But that design was scraped and we decided to move onto S912 instead and not include the Dual Tuner
The Dual Tuner design was renamed as the model as ATV 1962

Their are plans to eventually switch to Android 7.1, but there is still a ton of work needed to be done to optimize Android 7.1

US Markets have had the 1960 for some time, but the Canadian arm of the group seems to be holding it back, unfortunately they are suggesting earlier models are flawed or not ready. My guess is that Canadian dealers are trying to dump inventory of existing 1900 pro's at a profit and the company has agreed to its own detriment.