Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadCat

MyGica ATV 585 - DSTV Now DRM Error

Hi everyone

Since yesterday my DSTV Now on the MyGica device started showing DRM Errors, "Make sure the device is registered" ect. Today no channels work at all. Can anybody else confirm if DSTV Now has blocked the MyGica ATV 585? Ive tied various DSTV Now APKs however the end result is the same. I have hooked my laptop up to the TV in the meantime. Help Pls!

30 minutes ago, MadCat said:

Hi everyone

Since yesterday my DSTV Now on the MyGica device started showing DRM Errors, "Make sure the device is registered" ect. Today no channels work at all. Can anybody else confirm if DSTV Now has blocked the MyGica ATV 585? Ive tied various DSTV Now APKs however the end result is the same. I have hooked my laptop up to the TV in the meantime. Help Pls!

I have spoken to Multichoice, MyGica ATV 585 have now been blocked... Assistance please?

In regards to everyone's DSTV Issues

Since our main set of Moderators are based in Canada & USA, including myself. we do not use DSTV. I found out this is mainly used in South Africa.

I have asked for a new moderator to help support this since they are familiar with DSTV
They will be joining our forum later this week and will start to respond and assist all of you that are having issues using DSTV on MyGica boxes.

Thanks

Justin

On 25/09/2017 at 1:02 PM, Justin said:

In regards to everyone's DSTV Issues

Since our main set of Moderators are based in Canada & USA, including myself. we do not use DSTV. I found out this is mainly used in South Africa.

I have asked for a new moderator to help support this since they are familiar with DSTV
They will be joining our forum later this week and will start to respond and assist all of you that are having issues using DSTV on MyGica boxes.

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin

In South Africa your MyGica boxes are being advertised and sold in mass for us users with DSTV Premium to hook it up to our non-smart TVs. Alternatively we have to hook the TV up to an expensive computer which is a pain, your boxes are a cheaper alternative. Its been working fine for months, however for whatever unbeknown reason the DRM provider keeps banning the boxes in the last 2 weeks every few days after registering DSTV Now. You reset the box, install DSTV Now and it works for a while until whatever scanner deems it a issue then bans it. Multichoice have given no official statement why they are doing this, however you are going to get thousands of Warranty Claims if this is the case and this means I have to go out and buy ANOTHER machine, sigh... :/

8 minutes ago, MadCat said:

Hi Justin

In South Africa your MyGica boxes are being advertised and sold in mass for us users with DSTV Premium to hook it up to our non-smart TVs. Alternatively we have to hook the TV up to an expensive computer which is a pain, your boxes are a cheaper alternative. Its been working fine for months, however for whatever unbeknown reason the DRM provider keeps banning the boxes a few days after registering DSTV Now. You reset the box, install DSTV Now and it works for a while until whatever scanner deems it a issue then bans it. Multichoice have given no official statement why they are doing this, however you are going to get thousands of Warranty Claims if this is the case.

I totally understand your frustration

Which is why I have assigned a new moderator to handle this, that will have much more experience with DSTV
As I mentioned earlier, almost all of our Moderator team is based in Canada, so we have zero experience with DSTV.

I also suggest contacting MyGica South Africa http://www.mygica.co.za/contact-us/

As they are the main distributor of MyGica in South Africa

I’ve thrown mine in the Bin. Waste of money. Won’t buy another mygica product ever again. Even running Kodi v16.1 it never ran reliably  and the Beta of android 5.1 was unbearable as well.

the last thing I did was try to take it back to the last version of KitKat in the hopes that it may still be useable. Too bad your chip manufacturer duped you into making so many of these rubbish boxes. But hey you weren’t the only ones to get screwed by amlogic.

to Bad AmLogic don’t release the source code to there boxes for independent devs to work on. Might have got some more life out of them even if the DRM would never work

On 3/17/2018 at 5:21 AM, CG_Dude said:

I’ve thrown mine in the Bin. Waste of money. Won’t buy another mygica product ever again. Even running Kodi v16.1 it never ran reliably  and the Beta of android 5.1 was unbearable as well.

the last thing I did was try to take it back to the last version of KitKat in the hopes that it may still be useable. Too bad your chip manufacturer duped you into making so many of these rubbish boxes. But hey you weren’t the only ones to get screwed by amlogic.

to Bad AmLogic don’t release the source code to there boxes for independent devs to work on. Might have got some more life out of them even if the DRM would never work

Amlogic does provide the source code for all of their chipsets
Its just the S805 chipset that is on the ATV 585 does not have an Android SDK available for it past Android 5.1.  And the 5.1 that was provided was Beta, that is why we released it as Beta

All of the sources can be found here
http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

You just need an NDA signed with Amlogic, then they will give you a Username/PW to download the sources.

Everyone relies on the SOC manufacturer for Android SDK OS upgrades, even independant devs rely on this

Good day, I have installed the DSTV app on my computer but it says failed to initiate DRM but on my phone it works fine... Please help

Probably very late. But this worked for me. Uninstall all the DSTV, Netflix, showmax app then go to the play store and disabled auto updates, then go to the mygica market and download it from there and not the play store. For good measure (optional) clear the device cash by unplugging it from power , hold down the power button and plug it back in, wait for button to go red and release. Look for wipe cash partition (use the enter button on the mygica remote from keypad side) and reboot.Hope this work.