Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stefan90

DSTV Now App

Hi I bought an Mygica 1900 this week and i was able to get DSTV Now working without much fuss. 

I downloaded the DSTV NOW app from this link 

Topic: DSTV Now APP Giving DRM Issues?

https://www.mygica.co.za/faq/

And used the AppInstaller to install. 

It did prompt me to upgrade Google Play Services which I did with no issues

Hope this helps someone. 

Same here. I was expecting some issues because everybody is complaining. Even on the Takealot website. But is worked first time. People should just play around and try different versions etc.

I’m having a problem I can’t even load the unroof file it does not pick on the usb I have been trying for the last few day and I’m ready to pull out my hair can someone please explain in detail how I go about doing this 

1 minute ago, Bucks_Fizz said:

Just saw this posted on the web:

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/gadgets/251211-dstv-now-only-works-on-official-android-tv-boxes.html

According to this report, Google-certified media boxes available in South Africa include the Telkom LIT, Mi Box, and Nvidia Shield devices.

Nothing on MyGica? 

Interesting. Mine still works perfect on Mygica 1900Pro

On 3/6/2018 at 3:25 AM, Spanner said:

Interesting. Mine still works perfect on Mygica 1900Pro

Yes older versions of the DSTV app still work

And the devices mentioned are Official Android TV Boxes, which we have our own version of this coming out in a few months

All versions of MyGica up till now have been using the Mobile/Tablet version of Android, and they we're not certified by google.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:41 PM, Justin said:

Yes older versions of the DSTV app still work

And the devices mentioned are Official Android TV Boxes, which we have our own version of this coming out in a few months

All versions of MyGica up till now have been using the Mobile/Tablet version of Android, and they we're not certified by google.

Hi Justin,

New version? Software or Hardware

It's not fair, some of us bought this device just for the dstv now app and this is not supported anymore? It's bullshit. Mygica better bring out a software update or something that can certify the device! Or you would need to start swoppng old devices for the new certified devices or you will see people bringing the Mygica name down. You need to do something, can't just be like oh well! I promise if we need to buy new devices it will not be mygica at all. I await your response Mygica. 

Hi 

I have a 582 and struggled with DSTV Now as well. I installed Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and must say its working now. My DSTV app is still ver 1.22 as I disabbled auto update long time ago. I found out that you must open the DSTV app and give it a few minutes before choosing your channels. That's my experience 

On 11/24/2017 at 12:22 PM, Iaan Crous said:

Also see the reasons given for this problem in the topic "MyGica ATV1900 Pro DRM partnership with DSTV Now" on this support page. See link.

This was posted by just a regular user and not someone from the MyGica staff. 

The main issue isn't DRM anymore anyhow

DSTV decided to take further steps to Stream their content, and made their Android App work on Google Certified Devices only

All certified devices can be found here

https://www.android.com/certified/partners/

On 11/2/2017 at 10:32 AM, Simsoft said:

Looks like something is wrong with the new DSTV now app? 

This old version I have still works.

DSTV.zip

HI there

thank you for your post.

Do i need to install this file onto the MyGica device for DSTC Now to start working?

if so, Are you able to please help me out by explaining how to install this file onto the device?

thank you 

Nathan

Had the same issue with my MyGica 585.  If you want DSTV Now to work I had to do the following:

1. Roll back to the Firmware 4.4 KitKat Android  - This will fix the unique Device ID issue.  (LolliPop 5.1 will not work)
  2. Install HidemyRoot App from Playstore or something similiar and hide the SU ID - This will Unroot your device
  3. Uninstall the latest version on DSTV Now app 
  4. Install older APK manually for DSTV Now - I am using version 1.39.1 at the moment.

Once you have all of this it should work on your 585.  

@Grizzly21

After performing the above, is your Dstv Now Still working after the latest (2 days ago) attempt to block the use on the MyGica?

Since 10/4 I have been receiving a message that I have no internet connection as well as connecting stopped by peer. I do indeed have internet connection and everything else is working fine except this app.

Does anyone on the forum have any advice or solution? I am using the ATV 582.

2 hours ago, eet1e said:

@Grizzly21

After performing the above, is your Dstv Now Still working after the latest (2 days ago) attempt to block the use on the MyGica?

Since 10/4 I have been receiving a message that I have no internet connection as well as connecting stopped by peer. I do indeed have internet connection and everything else is working fine except this app.

I’m having the same exact problem I think it was a mistake buying this MyGica every month there a different problem with dstv app not working I think MyGica should just refund us all and we can buy something that actually works 

On 4/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, eet1e said:

@Grizzly21

Same issue here. I'm on 585, my neighbor on 582 and we get same error of no internet connection. I think DStv is no longer signing or streaming to older versions of the app. Last one that worked I was on was 1.42.6.

@Justin:

What devices are coming out?

When are they coming out?

Will they be unrooted?

Will they be certified?

Will I be able to use Plex, DStv Now, Showmax and Youtube apps?

36 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Same issue here. I'm on 585, my neighbor on 582 and we get same error of no internet connection. I think DStv is no longer signing or streaming to older versions of the app. Last one that worked I was on was 1.42.6.

@Justin:

What devices are coming out?

When are they coming out?

Will they be unrooted?

Will they be certified?

Will I be able to use Plex, DStv Now, Showmax and Youtube apps?

I think the issue must be related to the 58x series. I still run my first version of the app on the 1900 and still working perfectly.

I can confirm my ATV585 no longer works either. Looks like DSTV Now is blocked. Oh well, looking on the brighter side of life I now get to set my MyGica on fire and watch it burn.

It would appear that DSTV have released a new version of the app 2 days ago and also changed their streaming servers, so unless you can get the latest version to work, which is pointed at the new servers, the mygica boxes will never run the app

I can confirm the 582 DSTV Now app also stopped working here (no internet connection error). Any ideas anyone ?  Surely there is something that Mygica can do ?

Everyone with problems on DSTV Now app, Brendan posted on another post that if you download the DSTV Now apk vs 1.42.6, and take off auto update in google play settings, it will now work. Mine does😊 thanks Brendan

On 4/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Maz said:

Everyone with problems on DSTV Now app, Brendan posted on another post that if you download the DSTV Now apk vs 1.42.6, and take off auto update in google play settings, it will now work. Mine does😊 thanks Brendan

Happy to report that mine has also been working again.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Maz said:

Working again this side as well  ! Thanks for the info !