Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stefan90

DSTV Now App

Hi Everyone

Been offline a few months.  I just want to confirm that I am still running the below setup on my 585 and DSTV app is working.  Has never given a issue since my April this year.

Posted April 2

Had the same issue with my MyGica 585.  If you want DSTV Now to work I had to do the following:

1. Roll back to the Firmware 4.4 KitKat Android  - This will fix the unique Device ID issue.  (LolliPop 5.1 will not work)
  2. Install HidemyRoot App from Playstore or something similiar and hide the SU ID - This will Unroot your device
  3. Uninstall the latest version on DSTV Now app 
  4. Install older APK manually for DSTV Now - I am using version 1.39.1 at the moment.

Once you have all of this it should work on your 585.  

6 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Hi Everyone

Been offline a few months.  I just want to confirm that I am still running the below setup on my 585 and DSTV app is working.  Has never given a issue since my April this year.

Posted April 2

Had the same issue with my MyGica 585.  If you want DSTV Now to work I had to do the following:

1. Roll back to the Firmware 4.4 KitKat Android  - This will fix the unique Device ID issue.  (LolliPop 5.1 will not work)
  2. Install HidemyRoot App from Playstore or something similiar and hide the SU ID - This will Unroot your device
  3. Uninstall the latest version on DSTV Now app 
  4. Install older APK manually for DSTV Now - I am using version 1.39.1 at the moment.

Once you have all of this it should work on your 585.  

Thanks for sharing this info

It is very helpful

DSTV Now 1.40 officially not working on Mygica 482 anymore. Are you guys at Mygica going to let us know what's your solution or are we moving to another Android TV Box? 

1 hour ago, CarikaW said:

Why is my dstv now only showing local shows on catch up??? 

Sounds like an app issue
You should contact DSTV directly about this issue.

Hi, I have a Mygica 495max and DSTV now app use to work perfectly. for the last 2 days, live tv does not work but catch up does. Does anyone know why? i use the same account on my phone and laptop and it works.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, HAdam said:

Hi, I have a Mygica 495max and DSTV now app use to work perfectly. for the last 2 days, live tv does not work but catch up does. Does anyone know why? i use the same account on my phone and laptop and it works.

Probably better to ask DSTV this question directly, as it sounds like an app related problem.

Since there Phone app + Laptop apps are different from the Android TV app version of DSTV

I can no longer run an older version of the Dstv Now app on my 495MAX as Dstv have finally forced the update. After the update the app wants the user to login on the device and insert a code. There is no browser option for this device so it appears to be a dead end. This will be my last Mygica device if this issue cannot be resolved as the device was bought for the sole purpose of viewing Dstv Now. 

15639154301215753756597476027289.jpg

Hi Guys

The sign in code doesn't have to be accessed via a browser from the device in use.

You can login from your phone. The code is used to link to your device to your DSTV profile.

Having said that, your app might not be compatible with device after update.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

DSTV app was not working for about a week on my box but then started working again. Now i have interruptions now and then but the app works most of time. Its a DSTV app problem not a MYgica problem from what i see. 

On 7/24/2019 at 10:46 AM, Spanner said:

Hi Guys

The sign in code doesn't have to be accessed via a browser from the device in use.

You can login from your phone. The code is used to link to your device to your DSTV profile.

Having said that, your app might not be compatible with device after update.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

So I have absolutely no idea what format a .com/tv website is but it couldn't be accessed on my Samsung phone or tablet. Eventually in desperation I called someone who told me he can access it on his TV. The 495MAX now appears to be working after the code was input.

The more tech makes our lives simple the more complicated it gets, I would just like to know how many different versions of the internet exist in cyberspace and how many different devices am I going to need to access it?