Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RCCS

Spotify on Mygica

Spotify on Mygica

Hey guys, 

I have had the 582 for a long time, running kitkat 4.4.  

When I used Spotify on the box, it would automatically connect to the Spotify on my phone and I could control the tv spotify with my phone.  I didnt have to pair it, I didnt have to enable bluetooth, it just worked.

I have just updated my box to lollipop 5.1.  But now Spotify does not come up as one of the devices on my phone when I am using Spotify on it.  

Any thoughts on how I can use my phone to control spotify now?

Thanks 

On 9/21/2017 at 8:46 PM, RCCS said:

Spotify on Mygica

Hey guys, 

I have had the 582 for a long time, running kitkat 4.4.  

When I used Spotify on the box, it would automatically connect to the Spotify on my phone and I could control the tv spotify with my phone.  I didnt have to pair it, I didnt have to enable bluetooth, it just worked.

I have just updated my box to lollipop 5.1.  But now Spotify does not come up as one of the devices on my phone when I am using Spotify on it.  

Any thoughts on how I can use my phone to control spotify now?

Thanks 

I think the issue might be because our Android 5.1 FW does not provide a unique device ID to the box, which are 4.4 did this.

From what my team tells me this is not possible on the version of Android 5.1 that we are using

So therefore that is why the Android 5.1 Firmwares for all of our older devices will always remain Beta.

Justin thanks a lot for the answer, that clears it up.

You said that this is an issue with older boxes like mine that are running 5.1.

so then if I bought a newer box I wouldn't be having this issue right?  Or is it just a 5.1 thing?

3 hours ago, RCCS said:

Justin thanks a lot for the answer, that clears it up.

You said that this is an issue with older boxes like mine that are running 5.1.

so then if I bought a newer box I wouldn't be having this issue right?  Or is it just a 5.1 thing?

The version of 5.1 OS that we received from Amlogic our Chipset supplier for the older models was basically Beta to begin with.

I will see if we can try Spotify on one of the newer boxes at the office and let you know if it works the way you described it.  As the version of 5.1 and 6.0 on our newer models are much much better.
Then I will let you know

That would be great man thank you.  Because if it's a matter of getting a new box to fix the Spotify issue then I will do it.

thanks

Hey Justin, 

Just checking in to see if there was any update on this unique Device ID issue I was having with Spotify

Thanks a lot.