Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fraunzek

Android update???

Android update???

When can we expect an Android update for the ATV586 ATSC version? This is long time overdue  and has been promised several times in the past. Several other models have already received an update.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:02 AM, fraunzek said:

Android update???

When can we expect an Android update for the ATV586 ATSC version? This is long time overdue  and has been promised several times in the past. Several other models have already received an update.

If you are referring to Android 5.1 on the 586
I made a post regarding this here

Hi, I have the 586 model and netflix is not working corretly! I can't pause with the remote control and the subtitles don't appear. I try to updated but in mygica strore after download i get "se produjo un error durante el análisis del paquete "

Yeah we're all waiting on that update, but we'll never get it. Basically the ATV586 has become unusable with Android 4.4 and that outdated Kodi. Software support from myGica is really bad, they're turning the ATV586 into a piece of crap that's of no use at all. 

I updated my 586 with the 585/600 beta fw 5.1 located here: 

I did it because they appear to all share the same specs. The update was a success but the TV Tuner part is gone. I however have Kodi 17.6 installed which makes the box usable but I had to disable a lot of background apps that were not necessary.

Also I don't know if it was necessary but i changed the name of the .img file to update_Mygica_ATV586_5.1_20170612.img I put this on a usb key and updated it through the update part in settings.

Do you know that ATV586 and ATV585 are not the same board? and not the same module? on top of that OS 5.1 beta is solely made for ATV585?

not sure why you would think they are the same?

On 1/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, alex999999 said:

I updated my 586 with the 585/600 beta fw 5.1 located here: 

I did it because they appear to all share the same specs. The update was a success but the TV Tuner part is gone. I however have Kodi 17.6 installed which makes the box usable but I had to disable a lot of background apps that were not necessary.

Also I don't know if it was necessary but i changed the name of the .img file to update_Mygica_ATV586_5.1_20170612.img I put this on a usb key and updated it through the update part in settings.

Yes the Android 5.1 Firmware for the 585/600 will work on the 586

But you will lose use of the TV Tuner.