Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Scotti

Accessing networked drives

Hello.  New with the ATV 1900 pro and cannot figure out how to access networked drive? My movies are remotely stored on this drive.  How do I add it to my medial player?

Hi Paul,

I am not sure how you have your drive hooked up to your network, but here are a couple ideas.

If it is hooked up to your windows pc, make sure it is shared on your network for all and that your box is on the same network.

If it is hooked up to your router, then this will be an option inside your routers settings. Unfortunately each router is different and requires using their manual to figure out how to make sure the drive is shared.

Once the drive is shared on your network, finding it is a sinch in programs like KODI simply by adding a source and choosing that one. There should be more instructions in your manual of which options to use in KODI as well as a wealth of knowledge on their website at kodi.tv

13 hours ago, Paul Scotti said:

Hello.  New with the ATV 1900 pro and cannot figure out how to access networked drive? My movies are remotely stored on this drive.  How do I add it to my medial player?

Use Kodi, to access them

Since we do not know how you set up your network it would be little hard to determine.

1. Make sure your Movies folder is Shared on your Windows PC 

** Remember that Windows PC as of Windows 7 requires you to setup user id and password (( if you are using email address as your userid remember that )) **

2. Make sure your 1900Pro and PC hooked up to same SSID or Network.
3. inside kodi 

a) Movies // Enter Files Section // Files // Add videos... // Select Browse // Windows network ( SMB ) 
b) find your PC name ( you should know which drive and which fold you have your files under 
c) Click Ok and Scroll down and add name and then click OK 

you're done.    

Another option is to use DLNA to stream to any device on your home network.  Using this method, I can stream and watch movies on Android box/tablet/smartphone, SmartTV, Roku and Chromecast.  For MyGica Android boxes, you just have to install a DLNA client viewer (e.g., BubblePnP, AllConnect, Kodi).

If your movies are on Windows, then Plex Server (free) works well, although I believe Windows Media Center can do it.

If on a router or NAS box, a lot of these devices nowadays have a built-in DLNA media server.