Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MatD

Audio and Video not syncronized

Audio and Video not syncronized

My HD Cap X start recording correctly after updating the firmware to the latest one found here in the forum but a problem remain.
The audio and video in the generated file go progressively out of sync.

I've a generated file of about 1.68GB (57m 26s). The audio stop at 56m and the video continue to go for the rest of the video.
During the playback you can see that video go progressively out of sync with the audio.

I'm recording from the CVBS input (720p) to an external USB HD and i was trying to digitalize my old VHS.

Unfortunatly this problem make impossible to obtain the hoped result :((
Please help.

Thanks

.Mat

I've also bought a CVBS to HDMI converter and the result is surely better but the audio still be 0.5s out of sync for the entire recorded video and the video size result in 16/9 even if the original video is 4/3 at 720p.

Anyway, i see no help at all here so i'm planning to return the device back

.Mat

Yes, the syncronization problem seem almost resolved. I say almost because remain a little gap of about 1 second (or probably less) in the entire video.

I've been able to record about 1h (56 minutes) of video in my first attempt after the update when suddendly the device stop and restart itself.
I've noticed that sometimes the RES light (set as 720p) flicker becoming blue and then red again. When this happen also the Hd seem to stop working.

The device seem also having problems with fixed blue screen (title screens) recorded for some seconds on the tape. When one of those title screen come the device seem to stop recording after some seconds and, if the blue screen remain for some other seconds the deivice stop recording. Seem like it is considering those title screens as a bad signal.

So, to me, the device is not perfectly stable.

.Mat

From other tests done... seem like the device has automatically reset to the old firmware because now, i've try to update the new firmware again but, as soon as i start to record it stop and then restart itself.

Then, i've started it again to recorded another few of videos (always from CVBS port) and the video again was completely our of sync with the audio.
The first time it has worked good (1secod out of sync for the entire recording)... from then, it doesn't work as expected.

In few words, this device seem to not work properly for this purpose  -_-"

.Mat