Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grantdaly

ATV 1900PRO WiFi password incorrect

ATV 1900PRO WiFi password incorrect

My 1900 Pro (less than a month old) is currently connected by ethernet and seems to work fine. However, a couple of apps keep saying to connect to the internet. I thought that maybe it wanted a WiFi connection. When setting up the connection, it has no trouble finding my network, but says it can't connect because the password is incorrect. I tried several times and even made a guest account with no password or encryption and it still said that it can't connect although there was no mention of a password issue then. Is there something I could try?

Use one or the other. Wired Ethernet or wi-fi but make sure one or the other is on not both as it does not like both on at the same time. Force close the app and reopen and see if that will help with the wi-fi side of things.

It would be useful to know which apps you are running that are trying to connect to the Internet.  When that happens, did you check that the unit is connected to the Internet over Ethernet ... confirm by opening a browser and going to a website.

When you attempted to connect to WiFi, did you disable Ethernet in the settings and unplug the Ethernet cable?  The unit cannot connect to both WiFi and Ethernet at the same time.

Thanks for the help. Turning off the ethernet connection allowed the WiFi network password to be accepted. The apps that said you weren't connected to the internet then functioned normally.

Hi there. I’m experiencing the same thing. When I’m in kodi and go to add a source it says I’m not connected.  Ethernet is disables and wifi connected but still no deal. Any thoughts? I’ve used kodi quite a bit and had no issues with other boxes. I bought my 1900 today. Help please!!

nick

Nick, if you are connected over WiFi and can open a browser to access Internet/install Google Play apps, then your situation sounds different from not being able to connect to WiFi.

Try disabling WiFi and connecting over Ethernet instead.

Try rebooting or adding a different source in Kodi.  Some things in Kodi do not always work and then starts working again at a later time.