Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mackybob

Box reaches high temperatures

Box reaches high temperatures

Hello.  I've been enjoying my new tv box for a few months now but I do have a few questions I hope someone can help with.  First of all, I have no issues whatsoever with any streaming.  This box is just the greatest.  My questions regard watching movies from my harddrive or usb flash drives which are connected directly to the box, not via wi-fi. 

My main question is one of heat.  The box doesn't seem to get overly hot except when I watch a movie with a flash drive plugged in.  How hot is it supposed to get and how do I know if it's too hot?  That leads to my next question which is probably not related.  Once in a blue, watching a movie from harddrive or flash drive, the screen will go to black and resume playing.  This is split second black and it is rare.  I put that down to the movie file and not the box or heat for as example, last night I watched a movie and it "blinked" twice near the beginning of a two hour movie but never again.  I would assume excess heat or a problem with the box would have issues as the movie progresses and heat or other issues build.  But getting back to the heat, I know it's a subjective issue (to me hot is hot but to someone else it's warm) but the top of the box was pretty hot by the end of that movie last night.  Probably normal?  Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.

Sorry but I don't see how to edit my post so I'm adding info here.   I just saw on another thread that 68C is normal.  Maybe I'm not running overly hot after all.  That's pretty hot but if it's normal that's life.  Still wonder about the rare split second blanking.  I think that's unrelated to heat still though.