Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lahouter

Video Playback Stutter/judder/choppy/jerky

Video Playback Stutter/judder/choppy/jerky

Hi There. I currently own a 582 running Kodi 16 and it works like a charm (Android 4.4). Yesterday I purchased a 1900PRO that runs Android 5.1 and Kodi 17.5 I have a ton of TV SERIES I run of my NAS and my 1900PRO and NAS all linked via Ethernet. (not wireless). My 1900PRO outputs HDMI to an Onkyo Receiver connected to a 4K TV (LG). My 1900PRO display settings is set at 4K2K 60Hz . I have audio set to passthrough as the receiver should handle any sound thrown at it. The very first episode I played (.mkv 720P), the playback was immediately noticed as jerky.  I have googled it and it is reported over and over and over again using different words (stutter/jerky/choppy/judder etc).  Clearly this seems to a very common problem (very widely reported) but nowhere it seems to be acknowledged as a problem (Kodi and/or MyGica). I have played with different settings (frame rate adjust etc) but nothing seems to give me the smooth playback I have on my 582 (which BTW has similar settings to my 1900PRO). If this is a reported common problem, with no acknowledgement or resolution, should I return my 1900PRO?

PS:  Can one downgrade Kodi back V16? Is that perhaps an option?

Try running the video stored locally in internal storage or on an USB flash drive, in order to eliminate networking as a possible cause.  Also, try connecting to your NAS  through WiFi instead Ethernet.  Surprisingly, I found  on my ATV495PRO, which is similar to the ATV1900PRO, that network speed over 5GHz AC WiFi is significantly faster than over 1Gbps Ethernet.

Try changing the display settings to 1080P or 720P, since your TV series are probably not in 4K anyway.

Try watching the video through MX Player app with different Settings -> HW Decoder, to see if that makes a difference.