Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Serb

EShare Internal Server Error?!!!

EShare Internal Server Error?!!!
Ok, I thought this was an easy one, as in it was supposed to work without any fuss... but I guess I was wrong.

When I go to 

http://192.168.0.162/

on my computer, then go to "Wireless Storage" -> "sdcard0" I get a blank page with this error message on it:

SERVER INTERNAL ERROR: IOException: length=164; regionStart=19; regionLength=-2

I  can somehow access my USB stick that's in there under "udisk0" and see its directories, and upload the files to it... but I can't access the main storage on the unit itself anymore (I was able to once, I managed to copy a file to it, and that was it - I was never able to access it again).

What seems to be the problem?!

You can try resetting, then reconfiguring the EShare app by "Clear data" in Settings -> Applications.

Personally, I don't use EShare and have disabled it on my box.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:02 PM, wcs2229 said:

You can try resetting, then reconfiguring the EShare app by "Clear data" in Settings -> Applications.

Personally, I don't use EShare and have disabled it on my box.

When you say "resetting", you are referring to what? Resetting the whole box?

No.  I meant to reset just the app by clearing its data in Settings -> Apps.  This re-initializes the app's settings and configuration which may have become corrupt, so it becomes like a fresh installation.  You can do this for any app, but EShare is a system app, so you cannot uninstall and reinstall it.

I suggested doing this because you said it had worked previously on the main storage.

Sounds like EShare is not reliable.  I don't use it myself ... to me, it's just bloatware that MyGica bundles as a "value add".

Are you looking to transfer files over network?  There are other ways.

Yeah, just trying to move files from my computer onto the device itself so I can play them directly off of it, to minimize and streaming buffers, delays, network issues, etc.

What is the other easiest way to access the storage on this device via network or whatever...?

Take a look at this thread:

Another way is installing an FTP app on the box.

I rooted my box and installed "Servers Ultimate Pro" that has a number of different servers built-in (no, I don't work for them!).  Specifically, I run the SMB Server to copy movies to the box from my PCs.  I also run the DLNA Server that can stream the movies to my Android phone or tablet, to my Smart TV, to a Roku or Chromecast on other TVs.  I run the DDNS Server to map a public domain name to my ISP external IP address to remote access my home network over VPN.