Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bengaging

System keeps restarting when I click Power Off!

System keeps restarting when I click Power Off!

I recently purchased two of these atv 495 Pro hdr’s and this happens to both...

on the main dashboard screen, I hit the power button, and then click Power Off. 80% of the time, it simply restarts the system, and 20% of the time it actually shuts down. 

What the hell is going on?

this has been wasting a lot of my time trying to wait for it to finally shut down after the tenth try, while I keep on waiting for it to restart over and over again - even though I clicked Power Off, and NOT stand by or reboot!

please advise ASAP.

I have never powered off my MyGica boxes ... always ready to watch without waiting to boot.  They draw very little/almost no power and I just select another HDMI input on my TV.

So what’s the point of having a power off button then, if it just restarts / reboots the system? 

Makes no sense.

Most compouters, and other electronics should be turned off sometimes, so can anyone tell me if this is a glitch? If so, what are the chances that I have the same issue on two separate boxes?

The older MyGica boxes that I had (ATV582E) did not have a power button and newer processors draw even less power.

They may have added the power off button to market for eco-consciousness to save maybe 1-2 watts with the CPU on idle, which is much less savings than buying a 9w LED bulb to replace a 60w incandescent bulb in your home.

If both your boxes behave the same, then this goes to perhaps being an afterthought for marketing purposes (doesn't always have to work!).