Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mygica1800

ATV 1800 (non E) with dead USB port - is it a knock off

Good day

Bought a ATV 1800 (non E) about 2 weeks ago (was told it was a E and the bill says E)

Its spec'd as having 4 USB ports; but only has 2. It also just says ”Enjoy” as the brand model and is green (which doesn't match what's I've seen online)

It came with a WiFi keyboard (which uses a usb dongle) which I plugged into port closest to the back.

I just plugged a USB key into the 2nd port which doesn't seem to work. If I swap the USB key and remote dongle then the USB dongle doesn't work (but the USB key seems to work)

Questions:

• Is this a legit ATV 1800e?
    Why does it have only 2 usb ports?
    How would I test the the issued USB port?
    If the USB port is DOA, then how would I go about getting it fixed

Paul.

Good day

Bought a ATV 1800 (non E) about 2 weeks ago (was told it was a E and the bill says E)

Its spec'd as having 4 USB ports; but only has 2. It also just says ”Enjoy” as the brand model and is green (which doesn't match what's I've seen online)

It came with a WiFi keyboard (which uses a usb dongle) which I plugged into port closest to the back.

I just plugged a USB key into the 2nd port which doesn't seem to work. If I swap the USB key and remote dongle then the USB dongle doesn't work (but the USB key seems to work)

Questions:

• Is this a legit ATV 1800e?
    Why does it have only 2 usb ports?
    How would I test the the issued USB port?
    If the USB port is DOA, then how would I go about getting it fixed

Paul.

If it does not say Mygica on it, then it is not a Mygica ATV 1800E. Our 1800E's have 4 USB ports, not 2.

You can look at the photos here to see the differences.

http://mygica.ca/tv_boxes.php?name=mygica-atv-1800e

I would take it back to your reseller and ask for a refund, as they did not sell you a Mygica,

Good Day Justin

I think may of been had (fingers crossed that its just a misunderstanding).

The unit was purchased from one of the official resellers as denoted off http://www.mygica.ca/where_to_buy.php (purchased from "Wintronic Computer plus" on 400 Dundas st. east in Mississauga ON)

During the purchase, I had brought up that the box didn't match what I was expecting (where was the Mygica Logo?); but the sales person assured me that the unit I was buying was a indeed a Mygica 1800e unit, and that the labeling was wrong on the most recent shipment received from China. :?

I have my sales receipt saying Mygica ATV 1800e , a Mygica shopping bag, a Mygica branded keyboard remote, and the ATV 1800 unit (which was branded Enjoy)

Note: The units Included documentation doesn't make mention of any contact information (which is why I posted something on the forum when I noted my 2nd USB port)

It may be that the unit, I was sold, was actually a "GeniaTech ATV1800" although I'm not sure (I've attached some pictures of the unit and box - Any help in determining what I purchased would be appreciated) Note: I've read that GeniaTech may be the base manufacture of ATV 1800 android boxes(?)

20141008_155813.jpg.ae322f8c3532a43ad0138ebc93e960df.jpg

20141008_155754.jpg.5f1c58017ce41f38aee471f033542ed5.jpg

Additionally, here is the picture of the box that the unit came in.

[attachment=0]20141008_155505.jpg[/attachment]

Paul

Paul I have sent you a Private message on here in regards to your above posts.

If you need to get back with me, just reply to the PM or you can email me at support@mygica.ca

Thanks

Hi Justin

Thank you for your PM and your assistance. Its much appreciated.

For anyone else. Make sure that what you get, is what you've paid for. And if it don't feel right, then it may not be :-)

Wintronics offered to make things right (refund or a actual Mygica ATV 1800e when they get them in stock); but I just stuck with my Enjoy ATV 1800

Reason: I'd have to go back another day to finalize, which would cost me $20 in gas and a hour of my time. They swapped the unit out with a confirmed working Enjoy ATV 1800

Paul