Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khowie

WiFi and Bluetooth on 585 stopped working

WiFi and Bluetooth on 585 stopped working

Hi,

My WiFi and Bluetooth both stopped working and will not turn on.  The switches turn on but as soon as you leave the screen they go back to off.  I am using what I think is the factory version 4.4.2 after trying the beta version of 5.01.  There was no change with 5.0.1 so I went back to 4.4.2 but still no way to turn on either service.  I did find a video that claimed to fix the problem for another box

by going into the file system for WiFi settings and removing a setting but I can't find such a file on my 585.  Also, my problem is both WiFi and Bluetooth behaving the same way (not staying on and switching off by itself).  Is there anyone that has had this problem or knows a fix? 

I suggest doing a factory reset.

If you still want to try the method in the video, which may cause further damage (?), then you can try searching your entire device for the file name using a file manager.  Your device has to be rooted.

Is the Ethernet setting disabled and Ethernet cable (if any) is disconnected?

Alternatively, you can leave WiFi disabled and try connecting over Ethernet instead.

Ethernet is disabled and there is no Ethernet.  I cannot use Ethernet as the router and tv are in different rooms and I would need a 50 foot hdmi cable to connect them. 

Since you already tried both factory reset and firmware installation, it sounds like a hardware problem.

Not many options left for an older box:

1.     Buy a wifi bridge/extender that will allow you to use Ethernet on your box and connect wifi-to-wifi between the rooms

2.     Buy a new box