Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amosifo

My external Hdd starts but my atv-582 doesn't recognize it?

My external Hdd starts but my atv-582 doesn't recognize it?

Hi everyone,

I have a real issue with my Hdd who was fully functionnal with my box until now. It was perfectly functional, and now all of a sudden (i didn't use my box for a few months) my hdd's don't work with my box.

They work on every other things that i have (2 pcs and a media reader). What is weird is that when I am on "file manager" and a plug or unplug the usb drive it does say (sd card removed or preparing external storage)  but i can't find it anywhere on "file manager" and when I launch kodi it doesn't appear anymore (i was using kodi all the time to read the drives before with no problem).

As you can see for now i am really desperate i try to formate the atv box it didn't help either.

Thank's for the reading hope someone can help me.

Try plugging into a different USB port.

Try a different external HDD or an USB flash drive (correctly formatted) to see if that at least works.

I tried it, it doesn't work in different port.

I tried different HDD they don't work either. They are formated correctly, they where working before and i change nothing since then.

That is an older box and sounds like it is on its last legs.  If you already tried a factory reset, then it's probably time to get a new, update-to-date box.

If you want to try and squeeze some more life out of the box, then you can connect to the HDD on a PC, WiFi router or NAS over your home network.

Take a