Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jburger

Showmax Keeps on Buffering on Mygica ATV1960

Showmax Keeps on Buffering on Mygica ATV1960

I installed ShowMax from the store and configured it. It however keeps on buffering. When I stop viewing and return to the app it does not always continue play and starts the episode viewed from the beginning again. Other streaming apps like Megabox and Showbox works fine.  I then tested Showmax from my smart TV (Samsung) and it works without buffering and it will continue the episode from where you stopped it. Any support will be welcomed as I need Showmax to work otherwise I might as well return the unit as it is then not worth the money spent.

Showmax also has a very poor back-end, so it buffers a lot more than other streaming services. I have heard of people getting buffering on 100Mreg fibre lines.

I have got showmax to work well on ATX582. I have just purchased my 1960, so I will be setting up showmax on mine.

This it the reply I got from Showmax:

"Hi

In response to your email.

The reason it buffers is because currently we don't support Mygica ATV1960. We only support Mygica ATV582 and ATV585.

Please contact us should you require further assistance."

Would be interesting to hear if fbman experiences the same problems. 

Now I sit with the dilemma, do I wait and hope it will be supported in the near future or do I return the device within 30 days and get my money back. I do want to use Showmax as one of my streaming apps. One finds almost no info on the Mygica ATV 1960 on the net. I suppose it is still not widely used.

I also have constant buffering with showmax.

15 hours ago, jburger said:

"Hi

In response to your email.

The reason it buffers is because currently we don't support Mygica ATV1960. We only support Mygica ATV582 and ATV585.

Please contact us should you require further assistance."

Would be interesting to hear if fbman experiences the same problems. 

Sadly I have the same issue

Just tested mine and the buffering is gone. I see however that if I conitinue a program I get “ the lisence was not aquiered”. If I say ok it exits and then starts the program from the beginning again whenselcted. Looks like the lisence does not download if you continue a program and then loooses the placeholder for the watched part. Thanks for the feedback as I almost returned the device. I think I will keep it now as it otherwise works well. 

I also started getting that he license was not aquiered error.. Cant showmax just run a proper streaming service.. All the money behind them, there is more capital behind show-max than Netflix, yet they still cant run a proper streaming service.

Perhaps MyGica Canada is stuck with some inventory and wont offer or support the 1960 yet? Of course if the 1960 is a dud then maybe the american purchasers would like to know that too! I bought my 5th 1900 pro recently but I'm tiring of waiting for the next step for my HDR set.