Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spottedcat

Anybody using SPMC

Anybody using SPMC

I currently have an ATV-582 and am considering upgrading to a 1900PRO. Is there anybody that uses SPMC rather than KODI Krypton on the 1900PRO?

On the 582 I've tried various KODI Krypton forks viz. MyGica Media Center (which still does not support multichannel audio like DD or DTS), CEMC, EBMC, SPMC and now FTMC that works most of the time, however all have some bugs. SPMC was fairly stable but does have the Krypton features on Android 4.4.

SPMC seems to be fairly stable on Android 5.1 and above, if anybody does have some experience I'd appreciate feedback.

12 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

For the 1900 PRo, why mot use the newest version of KODI?

Is there a reason you prefer spmc for an android system that supports higher than 4.4 android?

My concern is that with Kodi Krypton there has been a few significant bugs. Currently I only run it on my Win 10 desktop pc that is reasonably powerful. Depending on what I stream, it still seems to be a bit laggy and unresponsive at times.

I found SPMC to be very stable on Android Kit Kat, however the version available to Kit Kat does not support the Python and SSL upgrades required by Krypton or was extended into some of the KODI forks. Currently I run FTMC on my ATV-582 .... one just has to accept that kicks out every now and then without an error or log. From feedback I've seen on other forums it appears that SPMC is favoured iro Android boxes rather than Kodi. I guess the best would be to try both once I've upgraded, I'll just have to check whether one can run them on the same box and there is no conflict ito shared folders and/or files.

On 2017-11-22 at 1:04 PM, spottedcat said:

Anybody using SPMC

I currently have an ATV-582 and am considering upgrading to a 1900PRO. Is there anybody that uses SPMC rather than KODI Krypton on the 1900PRO?

On the 582 I've tried various KODI Krypton forks viz. MyGica Media Center (which still does not support multichannel audio like DD or DTS), CEMC, EBMC, SPMC and now FTMC that works most of the time, however all have some bugs. SPMC was fairly stable but does have the Krypton features on Android 4.4.

SPMC seems to be fairly stable on Android 5.1 and above, if anybody does have some experience I'd appreciate feedback.

Kodi 17.1 don’t support by SPCM.

Only 16.1

3 hours ago, Narcis said:

Kodi 17.1 don’t support by SPCM.

Only 16.1

Apart from Koying's former association with Kodi, his work on developing SPMC is "unrelated" to Kodi 17 as his focus with SPMC is the Nvidia Shield platform and Android as clearly stated on his SPMC web site ... nor is he interested in other OS's or platforms. Thus in my opinion if one wants a good product on either Nvidia Shield or Android, then I'd opt for SPMC.

Hi,

I don’t blame , just i saying don’t work properly with model 17., so i try again with 16. And work properly.

Maybe now it’s working also with advanced version. Me I don’t uninstalling something working properly only just have fun.

What today don’t work maybe tomorrow work properly.

1 hour ago, bkwashby said:

I tried SPMC on my 1900pro but couldn't get the passthrough audio to work when I played .mp4's encoded with AC3.

This is actually a known issue that we are in development with AM logic to resolve with our chipset. We will be releasing an update to address this soon.