Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

I've asked multiple times; When are we going to get a firmware update that will address the audio problem with the new kodi 17? If after watching a video file with AC3 you want to exit kodi to use another app or even stream from an addon in kodi that is AAC audio, you have to restart the box to get that PCM audio back. Justin told me in the summer that he had a new update that he needed to test for a couple weeks. It's now going on December and still no fix for this problem or response to my repeated inquiries. Seriously this box was $200 when I bought it in April, when the hell is there going to be a fix?

I have to agree with you there bkwashby... If I had know I was goin to have this issue with this box I would have not got it... Between this issue and wifi dropping all the time have to reset my box and few times for it to work... Got mine in June so way to long to get a refund on it which sucks... Could have paid alot less for for a box with no issues like thisĀ 

On 11/30/2017 at 3:29 PM, bkwashby said:

I've asked multiple times; When are we going to get a firmware update that will address the audio problem with the new kodi 17? If after watching a video file with AC3 you want to exit kodi to use another app or even stream from an addon in kodi that is AAC audio, you have to restart the box to get that PCM audio back. Justin told me in the summer that he had a new update that he needed to test for a couple weeks. It's now going on December and still no fix for this problem or response to my repeated inquiries. Seriously this box was $200 when I bought it in April, when the hell is there going to be a fix?

Hello, any chance MY Gica support or Justin could get me an answer to this?

Hi Guys,

The update that Justin mentioned earlier was something we hoped the engineers had sorted this issue on. The update obviously didnt have this.

We have spent an incredible amount of time trying to solve this before realizing that this is an issue with the chipset. Once we finally figured out what was causing the problem (longer than we had hoped to take) we involved AM Logic to work on this. This is an apparent issue on this chipset line.Ā 

I assure you we have not turned out backs on this issue. We know 100% that turning away in favor of new units will not give us any success. We aren't some huge company like Apple that can afford to just turn a bind eye to ongoing problems. These types of issues going unsolved do not disappear for us. There's not one single person in this company who feels differently than what I am saying. This is important!

While Justin has been taking on more roles here, others have stepped in to assist him on the development of our current AOSP lineup of boxes.Ā 

I just want to mention some ways that we have supported our loyal customers in hopes that it means something and shows we are not trying to do a money grab from the people who have helped us grow.

ATV1200- This box was discontinued in 2013. We were addressing and releasing updates for software limitations of current firmware until Feb-2015

Android 4.4 - Within only several months after we discontinued our 1800e Model,Ā  KODI made their newest software reliant on having android 5 or higher. The chipset manufacturer did not provide the tools or the SDK to companies to create a higher android on those versions of chips. We set out and developed our own 5.1 for the 1800e, 1900ac, 380, 582 and a couple others. While it wasn't our fault and we had no way of anticipating this happening, we knew we could not go back and suggest to people who bought one of those products, that they must buy another.

MMC-Ā  For the massive number of people who either didn't have the know-how to upgrade to this 5.1, and for the much larger crowd of people running android 4.4 on other brand boxes, we created a fork of KODI 17Ā called MyGica Media Center. This was a fairly large expense to us knowing that the majority of people using it would not be customers of ours. MMC works on android 4.4.Ā 

Ā 

While we ask every day from the engineers about an update on this, it is unfortunately up to the collaboration of our engineers, developers and AM Logic's engineers. We are waiting with baited breath just like everyone else. I can personally say that I am probably anticipating this update more than anyone else.

31 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Guys,

The update that Justin mentioned earlier was something we hoped the engineers had sorted this issue on. The update obviously didnt have this.

We have spent an incredible amount of time trying to solve this before realizing that this is an issue with the chipset. Once we finally figured out what was causing the problem (longer than we had hoped to take) we involved AM Logic to work on this. This is an apparent issue on this chipset line.Ā 

I assure you we have not turned out backs on this issue. We know 100% that turning away in favor of new units will not give us any success. We aren't some huge company like Apple that can afford to just turn a bind eye to ongoing problems. These types of issues going unsolved do not disappear for us. There's not one single person in this company who feels differently than what I am saying. This is important!

While Justin has been taking on more roles here, others have stepped in to assist him on the development of our current AOSP lineup of boxes.Ā 

I just want to mention some ways that we have supported our loyal customers in hopes that it means something and shows we are not trying to do a money grab from the people who have helped us grow.

ATV1200- This box was discontinued in 2013. We were addressing and releasing updates for software limitations of current firmware until Feb-2015

Android 4.4 - Within only several months after we discontinued our 1800e Model,Ā  KODI made their newest software reliant on having android 5 or higher. The chipset manufacturer did not provide the tools or the SDK to companies to create a higher android on those versions of chips. We set out and developed our own 5.1 for the 1800e, 1900ac, 380, 582 and a couple others. While it wasn't our fault and we had no way of anticipating this happening, we knew we could not go back and suggest to people who bought one of those products, that they must buy another.

MMC-Ā  For the massive number of people who either didn't have the know-how to upgrade to this 5.1, and for the much larger crowd of people running android 4.4 on other brand boxes, we created a fork of KODI 17Ā called MyGica Media Center. This was a fairly large expense to us knowing that the majority of people using it would not be customers of ours. MMC works on android 4.4.Ā 

Ā 

While we ask every day from the engineers about an update on this, it is unfortunately up to the collaboration of our engineers, developers and AM Logic's engineers. We are waiting with baited breath just like everyone else. I can personally say that I am probably anticipating this update more than anyone else.

The chipset issue, is that strictly hardware or can it be corrected with software? If it is strictly hardware, what will you guys be doing to address it for people who already have the box?

6 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

The chipset issue, is that strictly hardware or can it be corrected with software? If it is strictly hardware, what will you guys be doing to address it for people who already have the box?

The chipset company has assured us and our engineers that they are close to finishing a patch for this that we can apply to our models. I really wish I had a clearer answer as to when other than what I am told, which is "soon".Ā 

I cannot stress enough that this is a subject that is not going away for us and the longer it takes us to fix, only hurts us more. We share your frustration and will always come to a solution that has our loyal customers well-being at heart.Ā 

On 12/15/2017 at 12:56 AM, MyGica Support said:

The chipset company has assured us and our engineers that they are close to finishing a patch for this that we can apply to our models. I really wish I had a clearer answer as to when other than what I am told, which is "soon".Ā 

I cannot stress enough that this is a subject that is not going away for us and the longer it takes us to fix, only hurts us more. We share your frustration and will always come to a solution that has our loyal customers well-being at heart.Ā 

Thanks for the long overdue update!

On 12/14/2017 at 5:56 PM, MyGica Support said:

Well it's been a month since I last checked in. Any new updates on theĀ software fix for the chipset issue?

While continuing to research the issue,

Can I ask, what versions of KODI are you guys using where this issue is a problem?

I have had some users message me to say that these issues are not a problem on KODI 17.4, can anyone confirm this?

Ā 

5 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

While continuing to research the issue,

Can I ask, what versions of KODI are you guys using where this issue is a problem?

I have had some users message me to say that these issues are not a problem on KODI 17.4, can anyone confirm this?

Ā 

I've had it with every version of kodi 17. Currently running 17.6.

3 hours ago, erndog said:

Issue is no longer there in version 17.4 for me anyway very Version after that has the pass though problemĀ 

Doh, I was running the latest version until I downloaded version 17.5 which works so long as I don't use the pass through function. It still loses the GUI sounds occasionally but that's a non-issue. I'll try go to 17.4 sometime this week. Thanks for the reply.

Of coarse it's not going to have the issue if the passthrough is off. The issue is caused when KodiĀ passes an AC3 audio signal and from what I've heard a DTS audio signal also. You turn passthrough off and Kodi converts all the audio to PCM which doesn't cause the problem.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:39 PM, bkwashby said:

Of coarse it's not going to have the issue if the passthrough is off. The issue is caused when KodiĀ passes an AC3 audio signal and from what I've heard a DTS audio signal also. You turn passthrough off and Kodi converts all the audio to PCM which doesn't cause the problem.

...but then you're stuck with 2 channel audio for your files that are in 5.1Ā DD and DTS.

26 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

...but then you're stuck with 2 channel audio for your files that are in 5.1Ā DD and DTS.

That's the problem.Ā 

Would using the optical port make a difference?

3 hours ago, MattDbn said:

That's the problem.Ā 

Would using the optical port make a difference?

I don't know, haven't tried it. I've just been restarting the box to get the audio back for other apps. Doubt using the optical out would make a difference. They said it was a chipset issue. So the chipset is still passing the DD and DTS regardless of what port it's going out.

Issue is no longer there in version 17.4 does not have this problem... The problem is with kodi 17.6-17.5.. I use HDMI to tv and optical for sound to my sound bar no issueĀ 

12 hours ago, erndog said:

Issue is no longer there in version 17.4 does not have this problem... The problem is with kodi 17.6-17.5.. I use HDMI to tv and optical for sound to my sound bar no issueĀ 

It was still there with mine when I had 17.4.

11 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

Well it's been another month; any new news on when there will be an update to fix the chipset passthrough audio problem?

While we continue to wait for our team to give us some more of an update as to why this has been such an issue, can you tell me if optical is needed for this?

Our newer 495 units do not have optical, but work as intended with audio requirements. (I am not trying to sell you on buying a 495 PRO HDR)

1 minute ago, MyGica Support said:

While we continue to wait for our team to give us some more of an update as to why this has been such an issue, can you tell me if optical is needed for this?

Our newer 495 units do not have optical, but work as intended with audio requirements. (I am not trying to sell you on buying a 495 PRO HDR)

Afaik, optical audio was used to transfer audio data digitally before it became available (in higher definition formats)Ā  along with the video data via HDMI cables. Optical would only be necessary if your receiver doesn't have an HDMI input.

As it was highlighted earlier in this thread both optical and HDMI are affected by this pass through issue as they both go through the same decoder.

Just noticed another issue. I recently got the KR303 remote and noticed that when I push the Kodi button to open kodi rather then scrolling to it and hitting enter to open the app, the sound is gone right away without even trying to play a file and remains gone (even for other apps except if I play aĀ  video file with AC3 audio within kodi) till I restart the box. I noticed this because I pushed the kodi button on the remote to open the app and tried to play . m4a music files off my stick and there was no sound; restarted the box and opened kodi by scrolling to it and hitting enter, music files worked fine.