Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

5 months later and still no update.. Some us us have been talking about this on foums since June 2017.. So are you guys anywhere near an update.. Would be nice to know or should I just give up on this 

Well it's been another month since I last asked and now a year since the last software update of any kind. Any word on when there will be a firmware/software update to fix the AC3 audio problem caused by kodi 17?

A quote from Justin in another thread recently;

On 3/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, kripstoe said:

Not far from being 6 months now....

The issue is with Amlogic, and we're working with them to try and resolve it

They sent us something, but it did not work

I have been following this every week for awhile now, but no resolution yet.

I will continue to push to try and get this resolved.

Will continue to keep everyone updated

On 4/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, MyGica Support said:

A quote from Justin in another thread recently;

On 3/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, kripstoe said:

Not far from being 6 months now....

The issue is with Amlogic, and we're working with them to try and resolve it

They sent us something, but it did not work

I have been following this every week for awhile now, but no resolution yet.

I will continue to push to try and get this resolved.

Will continue to keep everyone updated

We're now actually trying to port Android 7.1 onto the 1900 PRO/495 PRO

As it is just taking too long to fix this issue on Android 5.1

Which should fix this audio issue
I will keep everyone updated on this

Thanks Justin hope it works and a solution is found soon... Getting annoying having to reboot box all the time. Good luck keep us posted 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:16 PM, Justin said:

Also Justin will the updated version os be done in 64bit instead of 32bit so we and install 64bit apps on it.. Since currently cannot install 64bit apps but it's a 64bit chip set

On 5/12/2018 at 12:05 PM, erndog said:

Also Justin will the updated version os be done in 64bit instead of 32bit so we and install 64bit apps on it.. Since currently cannot install 64bit apps but it's a 64bit chip set

AMlogic has only ever given us 32 Bit OS
I know it seems weird since its a 64 Bit chipset.

But this is what they give us.

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

AMlogic has only ever given us 32 Bit OS
I know it seems weird since its a 64 Bit chipset.

But this is what they give us.

Oh ok that's fine then Justin... Ya thought it was weird that's why I asked... That j's for the response 

I have an explanation as to why, when after playing a file with AC3 audio in kodi the PCM audio doesn't return for other apps after kodi is exited. Like other android devices (phones), when you hit the square button it brings up all the apps still open in the background and gives you the option to close them. I have found that on another android box that gave me the option to have the triangle, circle and square button, once I hit the square and was able to close the kodi app still open in the background, the PCM audio returned without having to restart the box. The MyGica firmware doesn't give you the option to have the triangle, circle and square button to be able to do this so I'm left to assume that simply exiting or backing out of the app doesn't completely close it and therefore explains why the PCM audio doesn't return...and why restarting the box works because restarting the box closes all apps still open in the background. Likewise, the problem still remains that if you play a file with AC3 audio in kodi and then try to stream a video through an addon that has AAC audio or play an mp3 or aac music file, the PCM audio is still suppressed until you use the square button to close the app and reopen it to go back in; seems to be a problem that was never addressed with Kodi 17. So afterall, the problem is and always has been kodi 17, not the Mygica firmware so upgrading it to  Android N won't fix the problem unless they add the ability to have the triangle, circle and square android buttons to be able to completely close apps still open in the background.

This could be but for me not the case.. I reinstalled kodi 17.6 and when the sound issue started after exiting kodi useing the exit on kodi.. When into my settings and clicked on kodi itself to force close it if it was still running in the background. And it was not running 

So went back to kodi 17.4 which is the version I don't have sound issues 

4 hours ago, erndog said:

This could be but for me not the case.. I reinstalled kodi 17.6 and when the sound issue started after exiting kodi useing the exit on kodi.. When into my settings and clicked on kodi itself to force close it if it was still running in the background. And it was not running 

So went back to kodi 17.4 which is the version I don't have sound issues 

That's because "Force Stop" doesn't actually close it from being open in the background. Try it, if you have an android phone. Open an app then back out of it or hit the home button and go to settings and hit "force stop" on that app then hit the square button, you'll see that it is still open in the background.

36 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

That's because "Force Stop" doesn't actually close it from being open in the background. Try it, if you have an android phone. Open an app then back out of it or hit the home button and go to settings and hit "force stop" on that app then hit the square button, you'll see that it is still open in the background.

I will try that when I get home on my box.. I see what your saying now force close don't work on are box's... And your right on the andriod phone it is still running I the back ground after exiting it... Hmmm interesting 

I am about ready to give up on this box if we don't get a solution soon.. I would like a full refund on the box if it cannot be fixed I have 3-4 months left on warranty and this has gone on since I got it 

Any news on how you guys are making out with an update it's been a month... Also would like to add other than the sound issue this box works great.. It loads apps quickly and has no issues steaming provided the link is good.. I have found a temp solution to the problem I downloaded Titanium Build apk of kodi from supreme builds and is working great no sound issues as of yet.. I just did not still the builds did my own setup 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:16 PM, Justin said:

Have you made any head way on this yet. It has been over 8 months since this problem started 

Our current method of tackling this is to try and bring Android 7 onto this system. We are working out some kinks and assuming we get a non-glitchy outcome, we should have some news in the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Our current method of tackling this is to try and bring Android 7 onto this system. We are working out some kinks and assuming we get a non-glitchy outcome, we should have some news in the coming weeks.

Did you read my May 24th post on this issue???

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Thanks for the response 

49 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

Did you read my May 24th post on this issue???

I admit, I somehow missed that. 

Mygica does have the "paintbrush" on the main screen that closes all apps in the background and should restore the audio, if you are correct. Can you give that a try?

4 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

I admit, I somehow missed that. 

Mygica does have the "paintbrush" on the main screen that closes all apps in the background and should restore the audio, if you are correct. Can you give that a try?

I use that all the time and it does not fix the sound issue 

We're currently testing 7.1 on the 1900P and 495P

Runs well so far

We should also be able to dual boot into Libreelec as well on it. 

Hope to release it soon for everyone to enjoy. 

Thanks for the update Justin that will be awesome.. Can't wait to try it out... I'm sure all of you can't wait either hope it fixes the issue for your guys sack

On 6/20/2018 at 12:40 AM, Justin said:

We're currently testing 7.1 on the 1900P and 495P

Runs well so far

We should also be able to dual boot into Libreelec as well on it. 

Hope to release it soon for everyone to enjoy. 

Any idea when this will be released?

3 hours ago, Jalize said:

Any idea when this will be released?

I will be getting a newer update tomorrow
Will try it out here on our side and see if it can be shared to others on the forum privately