Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

On 10/21/2018 at 6:02 PM, Steved said:

the update is going but has been running for at least an hour now, is this normal?  Should I retry it?

Thanks,

Steve

I was attempting to install from USB, looks like you need to use sdcard only.  update is now installing.

updated to 7.1 Beta and it is working well - only problem I’ve encountered is to get Dolby Digital to passthrough. Anyone sort that out since they’ve tried the Beta?

On 10/30/2018 at 10:59 AM, Redrock said:

updated to 7.1 Beta and it is working well - only problem I’ve encountered is to get Dolby Digital to passthrough. Anyone sort that out since they’ve tried the Beta?

Settings -> Sound -> Digital sounds -> select HDMI RAW

Try this settings change above.. And let me know if it works

Using the beta I am still having some issues with remote. 

Eg: trying to code a static IP but 'OK or 'Enter' don't acknowledge so I can't submit the change. Some apps also no longer respond to arrow keys only the air mouse.

Lastly can someone tell me the name of the memory clearing app from the old version, I have tried a few but don't like them and can seem to find that one.

1 hour ago, PlagueMonkey said:

Just curious, is there going to be a more final firmware released for the 1900pro? That would be awesome, as there are a handful of bugs with the current beta of course.

We will certainly address the current issues. The current beta is not the final version there will be. That being said, commenting on if it will be called a beta or not will depend on the outlook for if everything can be corrected without causing further issues. 

To explain a bit, we are creating this on our own without help from the typical route of assistance through the chip makers. This makes it more difficult, but necessary, since otherwise there wouldn’t be a newer OS of android on them. 

We always appreciate feedback, even when negative, from our forum contributors. Beta testers, commenters, complaints and suggestions help us make our boxes better each time we get to design something new. 

We are coming out with new ways of updating our systems to allow for easier and more frequent updates for a range of different purposes on any devices that we can do them to. 

We hate when we have to leave hardware behind on any new updates or operating systems, but as you can see with this beta, and other updates, that we try not to leave anything behind. 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:35 AM, PlagueMonkey said:

Just curious, is there going to be a more final firmware released for the 1900pro? That would be awesome, as there are a handful of bugs with the current beta of course.

What are the bugs you're experiencing?

If you list them all, we will try to reproduce them and fix them

Please keep in mind

That Android 7.1 Firmware for the 1900P + 495P MyGica

Will always be BETA

Guys I have endless minor issues with this unit. I dont think its the chip, but rather the really old Android version 5. Please be so kind as to make the 7.1 beta available for those who wish to trial it at their own risk. I feel like this unit is still great, but just needs a later O/S to bring it up to par.

Did we get a new release date for a recent firmware? I installed the firmware from the "downloads" section which had a later timestamp then shown in my settings. However, once applied i noticed the version number change from v1.3 to v1.2. Resetting to factory settings did not correct the problem.

I'm having playback issues and would love to get things working

I have to say I have been disappointed with this box since the day I got it due to the cost and finding out its not google certified.. Does not play Netflix in hd regardless of what app used.. Yes the beta firmware is alot better but not being able to turn to box off and on is a pain in the butt.. I have since got an amazon fire stick 4k and have to say it's awesome plus I could have goten 3 for the price I paid for this box.. Maybe once mygica gets certified I may get another box.. I see same issues with all the box's on forums to do with Netflix.. Good luck to you guys here

On 11/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, Justin said:

Please keep in mind

Will always be BETA

Justin

When can we expect an update on the 7.1 Beta F/W ?    Its now almost 7 months after the last Beta.

kind Regards

Jalize

On 2/8/2019 at 7:44 AM, Jalize said:

Justin

When can we expect an update on the 7.1 Beta F/W ?    Its now almost 7 months after the last Beta.

kind Regards

Jalize

Any news ???????

On 11/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, Justin said:

Please keep in mind

Will always be BETA

Justin

Any news on the  new 7.1F/W . It's now been months later  after it was said its going tot take 2 weeks for the update. 

Is there still a commitment from MyGica's side? If not please make the source code available for some of the s/w skilled people on the group. Maybe we can get to a stable 7.1 soon.

Regards

Jalize

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

We are internally testing 7 for the 1900. I will likely be putting it up in the next couple of days  

Thanks, much appreciated. 

Alright everyone, We are releasing the 1900 PRO Beta today. This will remain in Beta mode due to the resources involved in creating un-supported chipset upgrades passed what their capabilities can be. That being said, we have been having quite a bit of fun with it and will be interested to hear the feedback. Please do not reply feedback to this gigantically huge old thread through. Please create a new post or give feedback right in the download section. the 495 PRO is also available in the downloads section for Android 7.1 upgrade. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, SERIOUSLY!