Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

john deer

Firmware Upgrade

Firmware Upgrade

Andriod 5.1 beta update

I have the ATV380 unit that has been working fine, but I decided to upgrade to the android 5.1 firmware.  All went fine as the video and I did see the lollipop logo and then it went to a blank screen with the word (format not supported).  Now what do I do nothing will work!  Is my box that worked before broken for ever?  Not very happy!

On 12/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, john deer said:

Firmware Upgrade

Andriod 5.1 beta update

I have the ATV380 unit that has been working fine, but I decided to upgrade to the android 5.1 firmware.  All went fine as the video and I did see the lollipop logo and then it went to a blank screen with the word (format not supported).  Now what do I do nothing will work!  Is my box that worked before broken for ever?  Not very happy!

Nope ..... just download the latest Kit Kat (4.4) firmware for your box and follow the same process to revert back to the original setup you had. 

Hopefully you made backups so that you don't have to reinstall everything, e.g. Kodi Addons and settings.

Well I have gotten the "format not supported" logo to disappear and the hard boot lights to go from green to red.  I have downloaded the ATV380 factory  firmware but I am having difficulty following the instructions.  I was able to unzip the files but the "uboot_mx.cmd file will not give me the dd.exe file.  I am using windows 8.1.  If I can get some help making a boot card I think I will be able to get back to the 4.4 firmware.  Help would be appreciated.

Use the link above, Winzip or Winrar should extract all including the dd.exe file.  Should work on any Win platform. You don't need to run the uboot.mx.cmd file. Unplug the power, press reset and then insert power cable. release reset and boot should start.

Thank you so much for your help the 582 file worked!! Unfortunately I do have to reload all my apps, but that's ok to bad that I am unable to upgrade to lollipop so that I could run Kodi.  Why is that file there if the box does not support the file?

Thanks again for your help

J D 

I'm glad it worked. I'm not sure which file you are referring to as it is my understanding that the 380 and the 582 uses the same firmware file(s).

A little advice, as I have gone through these pains as well .... before you make a change to your box, specifically the operating system, make a backup to a SD card or usb device before doing so. Also copy the Andoid\Data folder to the backup device as it contains all your user settings for standard Kodi. When you restore your original OS and re-installed whichever Kodi version you had this contains all your addon and user settings and should restore it without having to reinstall or the repos and their settings.

You can have a look at the following Kodi fork, it is much Kodi 17 like and am I currently using it.  Go to http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc-jarvis-16-2-31 and download the Arm General/AML 16.2.31 version, it is the Android 4.4.2 version. It does kick-out so every now and then on startup, but it is as close to Kodi 17.3 as you'll get. The myGica Media Center works OK, it however does not support Dolby 5.1 or DTS which this version does. You can run both on the same box as the use different directories to store user settings.

I am also trying to achieve the same objective of reverting to Kitkat. Using a Mac, I have downloaded the above file and copied it to a USB but my ATV 380 does not or cannot read the USB file. For what it's worth, the 380 has no reset like the 582. Can someone run through the steps that are required to reestablish Kitkat. Thanks.