Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erndog

Sounds stops working or is messed uo

No matter what version of kodi I use. I have to restart the box after very video or the sound is messed up.. Is there a setting in kodi I need to change to stop this from happening... Can watch Netflix all day with no issues 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, erndog said:

No matter what version of kodi I use. I have to restart the box after very video or the sound is messed up.. Is there a setting in kodi I need to change to stop this from happening... Can watch Netflix all day with no issues 

Hello,

I am sorry you are having this issue. Please tell me more about how you have it set-up for your audio. Is it plugged in to the tv via hdmi, or through optical, or an amp.

We have had some issues with a few types of audio formats, but we are releasing an update to address this in the coming weeks.

Sorry for the delay... I have tv plug in HDMI and audio is though optical 

Useing kodi 17.6 but was thinking about goin back to 17.4 cause had no issues untill I have updated to the last two updates 

14 hours ago, erndog said:

Sweet maybe I should wait for your firmware update for doin all that 

Erndog,

I did hear this about kodi 17.6. being the issue. Please consider installing their version from their website if 17.6 is a requirement, instead of the google play version.

Deleted kodi 17.6 tryes version from kodi website instead of google version same issue went back to version 17.4 no sound problems at all fyi

Have the same issue after installing Kodi 17.6.  Sound  completely gone after opening Kodi 17.6 Krypton. Tried google play store version and Kodi website version

After a reboot, sound works fine for all apps. But the moment I open Kodi, sound is gone. none of the apps will have sound until a reboot.

Box connected to TV via HDMI and Polk soundbar via SPDIF

6 hours ago, Patnair said:

Have the same issue after installing Kodi 17.6.  Sound  completely gone after opening Kodi 17.6 Krypton. Tried google play store version and Kodi website version

After a reboot, sound works fine for all apps. But the moment I open Kodi, sound is gone. none of the apps will have sound until a reboot.

Box connected to TV via HDMI and Polk soundbar via SPDIF

If your tv has an optical output, try sending the sound through the hdmi to the tv and have the optical come off the tv to the soundbar.

I have the same issue but its the whole box that is affected. Kodi and Netflix both have garbled audio randomly. Once it starts the only way to fix it is to reboot the box. 

Sometimes video streaming also stutters and will go back to normal after reboot.