1800E can't be updated

Hi.  I'm sitting here at my father-in-law's house and he has asked me to install/get working his 1800E.  I have downloaded the update files from several different links and they all result in nothing.

After a few minutes of installing from a freshly formatted SD card, it says the following:
E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
Formatting /cache
E: Invalid command argument
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I am beyond frustrated.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks/

Is this install from a fresh factory install using the reset pin hole? AKA the version that was tested and shipped with your unit?

When I started the box up, it went to the KitKat screen and no further.  So, I went to MyGica.com and downloaded the factory install files for the box.  I hooked up the HDMI cable and inserted the SD card that I formatted to Fat32 and then uncompressed all files from download and placed them on the SDCard root directory as instructed.  I then held down RESET and plugged in power.  I held the reset button until flashing red/green lights.

The box then gave the animation of the robot being updated, but then the animation falls down and the install ceases and I get the messages in my original text.

Thank you.  With all due respect, I tried this link yesterday at least 6 times.  Extracted ALL files and put them on newly formatted Fat32 SD card.  It keeps failing during install.

Thanks for the effort though.  I think this box is toast.

On 12/21/2017 at 8:13 PM, postalyoda said:

Thank you.  With all due respect, I tried this link yesterday at least 6 times.  Extracted ALL files and put them on newly formatted Fat32 SD card.  It keeps failing during install.

Thanks for the effort though.  I think this box is toast.

If somehow you are near the toronto area, consider dropping in and I will give this a try as well.