Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanbob

ATV600 Super slow

ATV600 Super slow

Hello, I have a ATV600, I have done a lot of reading and upgraded it to lollipop 5.1 this fall, have since upgrade to 17.6 krypton, I now find that my box seems very slow and sluggish.  When I try to navigate through the menus it seems slower than it used to be.  When I open say covenant and pick a movie, it takes sometimes 5 minutes to check sources, then when I click on a stream, it may take 2 to 5 minutes to open.  Then I get constant buffering and consider it unwatchable.

My question (S) are, is this unit getting too old and due to the larger files to run these boxes is it time to upgrade, I do not feel it is an internet issue as we just upgraded internet service and have no problems with our ipads/computers or smart tv watching Netflix or other.  I am using IP Vanish, unless this is slowing it down, but even when it was working better I still used IP Vanish.

Just looking for a little insight on how to correct this issue, I get the feeling these boxes never were designed to run lollipop 5.1 from many of the posts I have read

thanks for your time and responses

Sean.